• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan and Bangladesh tour of India 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rashid is a gun fielder. Really like him as a cricketer after watching him in the IPL.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Doubt it, I think there's plenty more Indian and Bangladeshi fans.

The stadium is pretty new so the people around here don't get to watch that much international cricket. In fact it's the only international ground in the state if I'm not wrong.
From the cheers I thought mostly afghan supporters

Daemon

:laugh: completely brainless batting. Two set batsmen bring out the reverse sweep for no reason at all and proceed to look like fools.

Daemon

Gun. Game over you'd think, even if Bangladesh have a number 8 with a test hundred.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I still think Shenwari should bowl an over to stop the seamers from having to bowl out, but the later this happens now will make it counter intuitive a lot sooner.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Poor display by BD as expected. Struggling to believe BCB still cant find a coach. Walsh should be sacked asap

cnerd123

likes this
We are so bad at T20s.

Nice to hear that the stadium was sold out. Definitely helps that this area doesn't get a lot of international cricket. Rashid and Shakib being IPL stars must also help ticket sales.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I just hope Rashid and Mujeeb do well in tests as well. Will be the difference between them being a decent test nation and a minnow to be thrashed time and again.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I just hope Rashid and Mujeeb do well in tests as well. Will be the difference between them being a decent test nation and a minnow to be thrashed time and again.
Nabi, Rashid and Mujeeb will no doubt support any batting effort the best they can. But they still will need runs on the board to bowl at.

It is of critical importance that Afg invest in batting at the moment. For all formats. Some of the batting may well come from R Khan himself.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nabi, Rashid and Mujeeb will no doubt support any batting effort the best they can. But they still will need runs on the board to bowl at.

It is of critical importance that Afg invest in batting at the moment. For all formats. Some of the batting may well come from R Khan himself.
Rahmat Shah is their best bat in ODIs by a long way and expecting him to do well in tests too. Their batting will presumably revolve around Rahmat Shah and Nabi in Tests. Yes, they need few strong batsmen if they need to survive.

Also, when the Afghans came in, pace bowling was their strength with Shapoor, Dawlat and Hamid Hassan storming in. With the focus on spin, that has fallen away as well.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Rahmat Shah is their best bat in ODIs by a long way and expecting him to do well in tests too. Their batting will presumably revolve around Rahmat Shah and Nabi in Tests. Yes, they need few strong batsmen if they need to survive.

Also, when the Afghans came in, pace bowling was their strength with Shapoor, Dawlat and Hamid Hassan storming in. With the focus on spin, that has fallen away as well.
Share to shed light on why Shenwari isn't bowling of late? He was one of the stars of the great WT20 campaign in 2016 that AFG had with the ball. I get that he isn't as good as Mujeeb, but he is still in the team, and I think is better suited to middle overs in games like the first v Bangladesh than Shapoor who just leaks runs. Shenwari was one of the most impressive players at the tournament, with Rash, and Nabi.

30th Match, Super 10 Group 1 (N), World T20 at Nagpur, Mar 27 2016 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo
24th Match, Super 10 Group 1 (D/N), World T20 at Delhi, Mar 23 2016 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo
20th Match, Super 10 Group 1 (D/N), World T20 at Mumbai, Mar 20 2016 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo
16th Match, Super 10 Group 1 (N), World T20 at Kolkata, Mar 17 2016 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

Seems so odd that he doesn't bowl now unless injured, but he bowled in his last FC game.

I suspect AFG may take an approach into tests of improving the natural batting talents of Nabi, R Khan and seam bowlers like K Janat, supporting Mujeeb so as to keep their spin strength, but to bat deep to make up for the top order. WIth Shazhad, batting deep won't be an issue for AFG, but the top and middle order falling over all the time will be for a while I suspect.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/793467.html

Of course the big question to be answered is whether Rash and Mujeeb are the real deal as red ball spinners, or just more like white ball bullies like Sodhi and Santner.

Last edited: