• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Progression of the 'best fast bowler' title post war

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No. Call me up when he has significantly better average than Cummins and Haze.
Yes Starc is massively overrated. He's incredible when he's on song (2015 WC, 2016 in Sri Lanka) but he's quite often not on song. If Pattinson wasn't perpetually injured Starc wouldn't even warrant a place in the Aus team.

cnerd123

likes this
do i want to read this thread or will it sap my will to live
The reasoning your hypothesis doesn't translate into a factual conclusion is because there are clearly other factors you're not taking into account. It's really that simple.

Spark

Global Moderator
The reasoning your hypothesis doesn't translate into a factual conclusion is because there are clearly other factors you're not taking into account. It's really that simple.
if this becomes copypasta i swear to god

TheJediBrah

why tf would that become a copy pasta it doesn't even make sense

inb4 "just like your posts"

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes Starc is massively overrated. He's incredible when he's on song (2015 WC, 2016 in Sri Lanka) but he's quite often not on song. If Pattinson wasn't perpetually injured Starc wouldn't even warrant a place in the Aus team.
Actually he 'would'. Not because he's better than the other three, but because he's left handed. And you know, muh variety.

trundler

If you wanted to choose three pacers during different eras, post war, may be one would go...

Lindwall, Miller, Bedser
Trueman, Davidson, Hall
P. Pollock, McKenzie, Snow
Lillee, Roberts, Willis
Imran, Botham, Holding
Marshall, Hadlee, Garner
Ambrose, Akram, Waqar
McGrath, Donald, S. Pollock
Steyn, Johnson, Anderson
Rabada, Philander, Starc
I'd have Fazal in there somewhere but that's a fine list. Cant comment on the current era yet because it's still playing out in front of us. There's always a chance they **** up massively.

trundler

Johnson always blew too hot and cold, and Anderson has mostly been meh outside of England, yet there's Steyn being a gun (pun intended!)

Victor Ian

International Coach
Thought I'd come to this thread for a break. Sadly it has caught the same **** the other thread has. This stuff is infectious. It should be moved into it's own forum for quarantine :(

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought I'd come to this thread for a break. Sadly it has caught the same **** the other thread has. This stuff is infectious. It should be moved into it's own forum for quarantine :(
I moved it into that thread to get it out of here.