• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

There's a storm coming - Another match fixing scandal about to hit cricket

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still striking me as bull**** journalism. The media is ****ed these days. Or maybe I'm only just starting to pay attention to it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm less convinced by this the more I look at it. Looks like just throwing mud in every direction and hoping some of it sticks. Is batsmen batting slowly at the end of a session cause for suspicion now?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

So glad Cricket Australia is involved. Even without any evidence they'll probably ban the players for years to placate their sponsors.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
A rather sordid coincidence that SLC posted a 13 million dollar profit for last year just this week

Of course both teams have to play on the same pitch

And something about this pitch one just isn't right, how would someone who isn't the head groundsman have so much influence?

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

The Galle pitch story was much more concerning than the second video they posted, which was mostly just hot air.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Lolz, so Shaun Marsh and Glenn Maxwell are the players being implied for spot fixing? Maybe Cricket Australia should think Al Jazeera for getting rid of those players for good.:laugh:
Wait, sorry it should actually be Marsh and Peter Handscomb and not Glenn Maxwell, who are the supposed spot fixers. So if true it'll turn out even better from an Australian perspective to be shot of those two.:tongue:

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
What the definition of a "session" in this video? To me, it sounded like any set of 6 or 10 or whatever overs that the bookies provide odds for? So it's not necessarily slowing down as we approach an actual break in the game like lunch/tea? Or did I misunderstand that.

The SL pitch doctoring thing is something I certainly believe as a Lankan. The head groundsmen before this was also done in for it. So looks like a culture had built up around there for this stuff..it's pretty ****ed up right now. SLC need to get rid of these dodgy guys. Hell we had a guy who was done in for fixing hanging out witn the team bowling in the nets, who was never a part of the team officially...

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
So SL has still never beaten Australia in a test series. Cool.
Are you suggesting the game that S Waugh's nose kissed Gillespie's shin(?) was also fixed and that SL had some tech to make it wash out the other games in that series?

The only scientifically proven way to make it rain in SL is to bring out the Buddha's tooth relic in Kandy. So, unless Al Jazeera has some footage of this occurring, we can say SL have definitely beaten Aus in a series on merit.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Are you suggesting the game that S Waugh's nose kissed Gillespie's shin(?) was also fixed and that SL had some tech to make it wash out the other games in that series?

The only scientifically proven way to make it rain in SL is to bring out the Buddha's tooth relic in Kandy. So, unless Al Jazeera has some footage of this occurring, we can say SL have definitely beaten Aus in a series on merit.
SL definitely won on merit. Both sides had to play on the pitch, and the alleged fixers made no bets as to the winner.

But you don't need it to rain to water a pitch, there are things called hoses.