• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwean Cricket: Time for The End

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sussexshark said:
That seems somewhat more feasible than the other way round!

I have to agree with everything that Neil so eloquently said in his essay. What I do wonder is, would South Africa been consigned to the wilderness - where it deserved to be because of the repugnant racist policy of apartheid - if the current ICC diktat had prevailed then? Can someone remind me whether or not there was a trade embargo in place - age befogs the memory!

Whether there was or not, politics were allowed to hold sway then. Now we have a regime that is every bit as nasty, perhaps more so and certainly a damn sight more brutal, and nobody who is in a position to do anything about it is doing so. Why? Are the politicians scared of the reaction from other African states? Why is the ICC acting like the three monkeys over this? If there was ever a rock-solid case for suspending a country then this is it. But try telling that to Mani and the rest of the ICC. As Des Wilson has said, they are totally amoral, as is anyone who supports the ICC line.

Zimbabwe must be suspended until that monster who is destroying that beautiful country is shaking hands with the Devil, Zanu-PF is destroyed and there is a respponsible government in place.

Sorry if this is so political - I hate it when politics and sport, especially cricket, collide - but what is going on in Zim, the poverty, rampant Aids, corruption, torture, you name it it's happening, puts sport very much in the shade.

Peter

Three cheers to Stuart MacGill - perhaps more players should put there heads above the parapet.
Welcome to the forums :)

I have to agree with you. but IMO, the ICC is every bit as wrong as the ZCU (If not moreso) for letting this whole shebang happen when they had every power to stop it...

The ICC is to the ZCU, as the International community is to ZANU PF....