• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you want to win in Aus this upcoming summer?

Who do you want to win India vs Aus

• Australia

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • India

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might as well take out the famous 2003 series in Australia then which is pretty much the main reason behind Ganguly's folklore as a leader and that generation's triumph in Australia.

That side had Nathan Bracken and Brad Williams bowling.
Pretty similar position when you think about it.

2003 - Aus 2 best bowlers out
2018 - Aus 2 best batsmen out

Shri

Mr. Glass
I just wish Smith and Warner could play.

Winning against a side without them would have a big black mark against it. Losing would be just so pathetic yet typical.
As long as all their best bowlers are fit, we are unlikely to win tbh.

OverratedSanity

Tbf when Australia won in India in 04, Sachin had his arm hanging by a thread, Ganguly missed two games (chickened out of one but still) and got a pitch in the series decider which was about as well suited to them as possible. It's tough to win in places like India and Australia, you always need some big breaks.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I wonder if it is still neutered ''nicer-than-nice'' Australia when that is played, all silences in the field and hand shakes at every conceivable opportunity with the opposition, or whether they have reverted to type?

TheJediBrah

Tbf when Australia won in India in 04, Sachin had his arm hanging by a thread, Ganguly missed two games (chickened out of one but still) and got a pitch in the series decider which was about as well suited to them as possible. It's tough to win in places like India and Australia, you always need some big breaks.
Australia weren't full strength in 04 either. Their captain, Ponting, missed the whole series (except the last game Aus lost on a dustbowl, infamous Clarke 6-9 match)

It would be an interesting trivia question. The only Australian captain to win a Test series in India in recent times: Adam Gilchrist.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah losing Warner and Steve is massive but our batsmen turn into different animals at home. We're going to smack India around and not feel bad about it

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I'' be delighted if India win one game. That's the ceiling of what this team is capable of.
Given Australia's overall dominance at home, the fact that there's literally been just one team that can win in Autsralia and the fact that it's a long 4 match series, Australia are still favourites. But I actually this Indian team is very very good. They are fit, they have a skilled and varied bowling attack and a 5 man attack with a seaming all rounder - ingredients India have never had in the past. If it weren't for Kohli being Kohli and persisting with a hack like Rohit Sharma, the South Africa series could have gone either way.
And Australia is not England. Kohli loves batting here, so does Rahul and Rahane. The batting does much better here and Shami, Bhuvi and Yadav are a formidable attack.
I wouldn't be surprised if India manage to win 2 test matches. I can see this series going 2-2 like the England-Pakistan series in 2016 with a lot of similarities. In 2016 England were a far better side, unbeatable at home and Pakistan were a strong Test side, coming of a solid run in the past few years.

vcs

Given Australia's overall dominance at home, the fact that there's literally been just one team that can win in Autsralia and the fact that it's a long 4 match series, Australia are still favourites. But I actually this Indian team is very very good. They are fit, they have a skilled and varied bowling attack and a 5 man attack with a seaming all rounder - ingredients India have never had in the past. If it weren't for Kohli being Kohli and persisting with a hack like Rohit Sharma, the South Africa series could have gone either way.
And Australia is not England. Kohli loves batting here, so does Rahul and Rahane. The batting does much better here and Shami, Bhuvi and Yadav are a formidable attack.
I wouldn't be surprised if India manage to win 2 test matches. I can see this series going 2-2 like the England-Pakistan series in 2016 with a lot of similarities. In 2016 England were a far better side, unbeatable at home and Pakistan were a strong Test side, coming of a solid run in the past few years.
Our batsmen will score runs there (not sure about England but they should make runs in Australia). Don't think we have the firepower to bowl them out twice though. And the bizarre selections that the Kohli-Shastri axis come up with at times doesn't help either.

Burgey

If nothing else, I hope they don’t roll out another mcg pitch like last year. God that was horrible.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Our batsmen will score runs there (not sure about England but they should make runs in Australia). Don't think we have the firepower to bowl them out twice though. And the bizarre selections that the Kohli-Shastri axis come up with at times doesn't help either.
The actual Australian team with Smith and Warner - No. And Australia would comfortably win as Smith would score a thousand runs in the series.

But a side without Smith/Warner, and I believe that will be Tim Paine's first Test series of the year, so you will have a couple of guys who are completely new to the team and Test level. You have a chance

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so you will have a couple of guys who are completely new to the team and Test level. You have a chance
I don't expect them to pick anyone who hasn't been picked before. We've got enough spare batsmen floating around with test experience, though that doesn't mean they'll be any good.

Heboric

International Debutant
I use the internet a lot , so I voted Australia. Man the internet is not going to be ready if Australia lose eish

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I use the internet a lot , so I voted Australia. Man the internet is not going to be ready if Australia lose eish
Fair point, I also think on that that we can agree that a drawn series is a loss for India, and a win for Australia given they have no Smith or Warner.

Heboric

International Debutant
Fair point, I also think on that that we can agree that a drawn series is a loss for India, and a win for Australia given they have no Smith or Warner.
Yeah, its Indias golden opportunity, a draw would be considered poor for them IMHO

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
No. A drawn away series in a place like Australia where no one other than South Africa wins is definitely not a 'loss' for India.

Daemon

As long as all their best bowlers are fit, we are unlikely to win tbh.
Yep this is my thought as well.

A lot can happen in the lead up to the series but as things stand I'd give India odds of 2.5. Our bowling isn't suited for Australia at all and our batting strength is negated by their attack.