• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Stokes the most overrated player in the history of cricket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebreaker

Banned
Average bowler. Hit and miss type of batsmen suited more to LOIs yet England hype him as if he's Imran Khan and England would have won Ashes if he was playing lol

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Stokes is right up there.

But I've seen worse.

Apparently Gilchrist invented batting for wicket keepers despite Flower and Ames.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh maybe a little overrated, but he's a bloody good player regardless. Best allrounder in the world easily.

Shakib sux

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Salim Malik underrated. Imagine how high his average would have been but for the match fixing.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Salim Malik underrated. Imagine how high his average would have been but for the match fixing.

Everyone forgets so swiftly how good the great match fixers really were when they weren't fixing. #shedatear

The sacrifices they made to their personal careers for a few rupees. #neverforget

TheJediBrah

Stokes is right up there.

But I've seen worse.

Apparently Gilchrist invented batting for wicket keepers despite Flower and Ames.
No idea who ames is but flower was a shocking keeper. He was a champion batsman who kept for his team but was never that good at it. A bit like dravid when he kept.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
No idea who ames is but flower was a shocking keeper. He was a champion batsman who kept for his team but was never that good at it. A bit like dravid when he kept.
lol. This argument reminds me of the the pressure of a billion dreams when Tendulkar batted.

trundler

I've been lurking at this thread without an account form months. Went through all 500 pages of the ATG thread and other threads too then made an account. Anyway, on topic. Overhyped is too vague a word and Stokes isn't even hyped that much. One could make a case for any hyped cricketer, ever. Too subjective. Anderson is pretty overhyped too.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I've been lurking at this thread without an account form months. Went through all 500 pages of the ATG thread and other threads too then made an account. Anyway, on topic. Overhyped is too vague a word and Stokes isn't even hyped that much. One could make a case for any hyped cricketer, ever. Too subjective. Anderson is pretty overhyped too.
Anderson isn't overhyped. He is just Big 3 going through records like A Cook. Noone would seriously include either in an ATG discussion, yet. But maybe in the future ;)

TheJediBrah

Anderson isn't overhyped. He is just Big 3 going through records like A Cook. Noone would seriously include either in an ATG discussion, yet. But maybe in the future ;)
If anything anderson is underhyped. Guy has like 500 wickets and people still don't rate him as highly as whoever the latest hit fast bowler on the block happens to be

trundler

Must have let my personal judgement get in the way then. Cook and Anderson should get high praises for durability and temperament but that's about it.

Firebreaker

Banned
He's one of those people who think Wasim Akram was a fast bowler when in reality he was fast medium at best

trundler

As far as I know, Ames didn't keep and bat well together on many occasions. Gilly didn't invent the wicketkeeper batsman role He revolutionized it.

Burgey

Stokes is a mercurial cricketer and an entertainer rather than a bloke who plods along at a consistent level. They’re often good to watch because they’re always a chance of being in the game while always giving you a chance to take them out of it quickly too. Makes the game more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.