• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers tribute thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But we shouldn't derail a tribute thread by talking about food. Let's take this to where it belongs, the sHACKib v Fat Both thread.

cnerd123

likes this
Unsurprising that ***** wouldn't have a clue about culinary influences outside his own limited bubble.
Admittedly I haven't had much opportunity to go around South Africa of the American East Coast, but if their food was any good you'd find them in HK. Pretty sure they're just overrated by the locals who aren't aware of any better. But always good to learn

Burgey

You've been schooled for the past three days on here ffs. You should have learned something by now.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You've been schooled for the past three days on here ffs. You should have learned something by now.
If he's been schooled then I'd have some questions about the quality of the teaching. Doesn't seem very evident to me.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Admittedly I haven't had much opportunity to go around South Africa of the American East Coast, but if their food was any good you'd find them in HK. Pretty sure they're just overrated by the locals who aren't aware of any better. But always good to learn
In my experience with South African foods, their butchery and meat preparation is just outstanding, no doubt a relic of the Dutch (who are Germanic) Afrikan settlers.

And then like many places Indians migrated to (and Indonesians in Malay), there's a lot of curries and Indian styled food.

So a vegetarian like yourself may as well give it a miss :P

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
In my experience with South African foods, their butchery and meat preparation is just outstanding, no doubt a relic of the Dutch (who are Germanic) Afrikan settlers.

And then like many places Indians migrated to (and Indonesians in Malay), there's a lot of curries and Indian styled food.
Yea so that's what we've basically learnt isn't it - South African food is just meat + Indian Food + some european dishes with an Indian twist.

Indians just make food better wherever they go tbh.

I wonder what ABDV's favorite foods are.

cnerd123

likes this
But we shouldn't derail a tribute thread by talking about food. Let's take this to where it belongs, the sHACKib v Fat Both thread.
I don't mean to derail a thread but do we really need a second ABDV thread? There is already a retirement one. Since when did we start doing separate retirement and tribute threads for each cricketer?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Yea so that's what we've basically learnt isn't it - South African food is just meat + Indian Food + some european dishes with an Indian twist.

Its not "just meat".

Until you try their sausages, meats or their biltong, you really don't comprehend how good they are at it.

We have a large south african migration in NZ, (just look at how cricket scene), and throughout Auckland they have opened their shops, and the standards and the flavours vary, but the good ones make some incredibly good tasting meats.

But yeah, you're right on the Indian thing imo. Even funnier is Fiji, where the natives aren't fond of the Indian migrants (they even have military coups over this), yet the natives love curry three times a day.

Athlai

Not Terrible

:laugh: Yeah nah

cnerd123

likes this
Its not "just meat".

Until you try their sausages, meats or their biltong, you really don't comprehend how good they are at it.

We have a large south african migration in NZ, (just look at how cricket scene), and throughout Auckland they have opened their shops, and the standards and the flavours vary, but the good ones make some incredibly good tasting meats.

But yeah, you're right on the Indian thing imo. Even funnier is Fiji, where the natives aren't fond of the Indian migrants (they even have military coups over this), yet the natives love curry three times a day.
I worked at a global event in HK once as a translator/liason

Imagine my surprise when I found out the team representing Fiji were all born and raised there, but spoke Hindi

It was slightly different Hindi. Fiji Hindi. But the language and Indians in general were so ubiquitous there. It was so fascinating.

I bet Fiji has amazing food. Thanks to the Indians

Going off NZ's antics in cricket I bet you now consider Dim Sum and Charsiu to be traditional NZ dishes too now, don't you. Bunch of poachers.

Burgey

I worked at a global event in HK once as a translator/liason*

Imagine my surprise when I found out the team representing Fiji were all born and raised there, but spoke Hindi

It was slightly different Hindi. Fiji Hindi. But the language and Indians in general were so ubiquitous there. It was so fascinating.

I bet Fiji has amazing food. Thanks to the Indians

Going off NZ's antics in cricket I bet you now consider Dim Sum and Charsiu to be traditional NZ dishes too now, don't you. Bunch of poachers.
*waiter

Burgey

Can see you leaning over the table as you place the filet mignon in front of a diner, tipping a bucket of mixed herbs and spices over it while telling them only Indians “get” food.