• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SLCs reaction was the true farce, we know the ICC is piss weak on ball tampering and such. I'm still keen to find out more about what really happened and who was calling the shots though, seemed like some poor officiating and misunderstandings may have caused the 2 hour delay
Normal organisations say things like "We'll conduct a thorough investigation".

SLC literally said that they'll back their players "no matter what". Even if they're guilty I assume.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He's got a point about the teams credibility though (at least performance wise), it was at rock bottom before the Pakistan series and now SL can be taken seriously as a cricketing nation again, the team was seriously dire for a couple years following Sanga's retirement

Daemon

He's got a point about the teams credibility though (at least performance wise), it was at rock bottom before the Pakistan series and now SL can be taken seriously as a cricketing nation again, the team was seriously dire for a couple years following Sanga's retirement
slow down there buddy lets not get ahead of ourselves here

TheJediBrah

Normal organisations say things like "We'll conduct a thorough investigation".

SLC literally said that they'll back their players "no matter what". Even if they're guilty I assume.
It's all pretty dire. SLC have a lot to work to do to win back respect.

Still not worse than the CA overreaction. Why can no one fall in the sensible middle ground?

Admit your players did wrong, punish them a bit, but don't ban them for a ****ing year and treat them like criminals

SillyCowCorner1

I watched the game for a while and have to say there was basically zero people at the game. I found that strange, especially when the game was exciting and well balanced. It seems no one is interested in cricket in Barbados and the West Indies?
Zero versus one is a huge difference.

Take your biases elsewhere.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It's all pretty dire. SLC have a lot to work to do to win back respect.

Still not worse than the CA overreaction. Why can no one fall in the sensible middle ground?

Admit your players did wrong, punish them a bit, but don't ban them for a ****ing year and treat them like criminals
When the ****ing Prime Minister is coming out and making condemning speeches and the whole country is up in arms you're sort of bound to react the way CA did

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
When the ****ing Prime Minister is coming out and making condemning speeches and the whole country is up in arms you're sort of bound to react the way CA did
I honestly have no idea why anyone would actually listen to Malcolm Turnbull on anything even vaguely sport related, the man clearly has no clue what he is talking about. Stick to what you know Talcum, like Ming dynasty ceramic and 18th century watercolour paintings

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I watched the game for a while and have to say there was basically zero people at the game. I found that strange, especially when the game was exciting and well balanced. It seems no one is interested in cricket in Barbados and the West Indies?
Having attended 2 days myself I'm well placed to comment here. The crowds are not what they should be for sure but there were 500 - 1000 there not 0. The 3ws stand was pretty full from the middle session onwards.

I think there are a few reasons why test crowds are down. Firstly is a lack of champion players to follow. People want fast bowlers and attacking or classy batsmen. Our current team is improving and bring respectability back to the test side but it has been full of hardworking cricketers like Kraigg, Holder, Powell, Dowrich etc. Batsmen like Shai Hope and Hetmeyer alongside pace from Gabriel and seam from roach, Paul, Joseph etc will bring the crowds back.

Secondly it is marketed so poorly by cricket Windies. I was in Barbados for 3 days before the match and didn't see one bill board advertising it. I heard one radio ad and that's it.

I think the quality of cricket is slowly coming back, now they need to market it properly also.