• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2018

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The punishment for the refusal to come onto the field should be far worse than any ball tampering charge. That was pathetic.

TheJediBrah

Okay, I just wanted you to know it's already in the Laws lol. You're suggesting something that exist, that was then reviewed and modified by the ICC for their purposes.

If you're not playing ICC Sanctioned Test matches, what you're suggesting is what already takes place.

Maybe the ICC can revert to it, but after all the outcry from people who believe that paid professional athletes never cheat, and who genuinely believed that trained experienced umpires are reckless in handing out penalties, I can see why they won't.

@TJB
It would be funny if Smith/Warner served their bans then after they came back the laws were changed so that it wasn't even against the rules anymore. Imagine the ignorant public that called for their heads trying to figure that one out.

Borges

International Regular
The punishment for the refusal to come onto the field should be far worse than any ball tampering charge. That was pathetic.
It is far worse:
ICC's Chief Executive David Richardson charged Chandimal, coach Hathurusingha and manager Gurusinha with a breach of Article 2.3.1, a Level 3 offence, which relates to "conduct that is contrary to the spirit of the game". The trio has been charged for its involvement in the team's refusal to take to the field at the start of the third day's play ...

All Level 3 breaches carry an imposition of between four and eight suspension points. If any of the three plead not guilty, then the ICC will appoint a judicial commissioner to adjudicate the matter.
Chandimal found guilty of changing ball condition; suspended for Barbados Test | Cricbuzz.com

Burgey

Good.

Just as with Barnaby Joyce it wasn’t the rooting but the rorting, here it’s not the tampering but the rantering.

Himannv

International Coach
Chandimal, what an idiot! :laugh:

I'm not sure if he's guilty or not but he should be banned for that piss poor defense of his actions at the very least.

Haven't watched too much of this dull series with the World Cup on. Is there one more Test?

Cow

Banned
Chandimal should never again be allowed to share a sour fish curry with the Sri Lankan team.

He must eat alone.

Slifer

International Captain
Chandimal, what an idiot! :laugh:

I'm not sure if he's guilty or not but he should be banned for that piss poor defense of his actions at the very least.

Haven't watched too much of this dull series with the World Cup on. Is there one more Test?
Dull?? Are u high?? Very intriguing series imo. Not the usual flat wickets where teams pile on a runs. Just because you are fancy either team doesn't mean the series is boring by any stretch.

Himannv

International Coach
Dull?? Are u high?? Very intriguing series imo. Not the usual flat wickets where teams pile on a runs. Just because you are fancy either team doesn't mean the series is boring by any stretch.
In my defense, I haven't watched much of it. :laugh:

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Problem is our board wont do anything about it.. cant believe he was so foolish..
I wish our board hadn't done anything about it.

SLC to contest ICC charge over inconsistent application of rules. ...
Sri Lanka also question whether the five run penalty rule was applied on all occasions in recent times when teams were accused of ball tampering.
SLC to contest ICC charge over inconsistent application of rules | Cricbuzz.com
Still not accepting any responsibility. Pretty disgraceful.

cnerd123

likes this
Match Referee Srinath also has been accused of inconsistency. The tourists claim that when they were reluctant to take the field, Srinath had assured there would be no imposition of the five penalty runs sanction or a change of change the ball. However, when they took the field the umpires did completely the opposite holding up play again.
This is pretty poor, if true.

They don't have much of a leg to stand on otherwise.

Burgey

Should be a forfeit anyway. ****ing rewarding dummy spitters. Stinks like a dead cat in the middle of the road.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CA were so over the top with their penalties

Don't get me wrong, taking sandpaper onto the field is absolutely wrong (not to mention the most idiotic idea I've ever heard of) but they should have known that nobody was going to follow their lead.

Team is lucky that they didnt bow further down to the baying mob and suspend the bowlers as well