• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib Al Hasan vs Ian Botham / Burgey vs *****

Who the better all rounder

• Shakib Al Hasan

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Ian Botham

Votes: 27 56.3%

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
TBF, who wants to play cricket on dead flat pitches against home track bullies with a ****** cricket ball in a country full of bugs and insects who want to kill you. Plus the terrible food. All orchestrated by a corrupt and money hungry cricket board.

Australia is an awful place to tour.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't forget the terrible disadvantage for touring teams here of actually having safe drinking water from a tap. Must be hard for them.

Compare that to TOTAB who not only made a ton in his first tour to India, but did it while surrounded by an open sewer in Chennai ffs. That's how tough he is.

Athlai

Not Terrible
TBF, who wants to play cricket on dead flat pitches against home track bullies with a ****** cricket ball in a country full of bugs and insects who want to kill you. Plus the terrible food. All orchestrated by a corrupt and money hungry cricket board.

Australia is an awful place to tour.
You can't say Australia has terrible food, they're one of the few countries in the world that understand what a pie should be.

Burgey

We generally understand it as anything tossed down the wicket by a visiting Indian or SL seam bowler.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm liking where this thread has ventured. Much more interesting than a Shakib/Botham comparison.

Burgey

Not to mention Australian Masterchef is the envy of every other food show on the planet.

Nigella week atm. Makes old Burgey a very happy man, I can tell you.

Burgey

I've done all that mate. You might think it's terribly novel as an experience but it isn't.

Aside from the culinary wonders of Indonesia, I of course spent many years in the 1990s in Mumbai, drinking bottled water and hoping against hope I wouldn't be served salmonella in a bowl.

That aside, The Indian Palace, Chon, Blue Ginger, Efendy, The Bald Viet, Le Tran, Mushiro, Thai Yai, Kazbah all provide me with an excellent taste of pan-Asian cuisine. Don't even have to leave Darling Street to get it. Plus the Balmain Hotel does $1.00 dumplings of a Monday night.

Why would you live anywhere else?

cnerd123

likes this
I've done all that mate. You might think it's terribly novel as an experience but it isn't.

Aside from the culinary wonders of Indonesia, I of course spent many years in the 1990s in Mumbai, drinking bottled water and hoping against hope I wouldn't be served salmonella in a bowl.

That aside, The Indian Palace, Chon, Blue Ginger, Efendy, The Bald Viet, Le Tran, Mushiro, Thai Yai, Kazbah all provide me with an excellent taste of pan-Asian cuisine. Don't even have to leave Darling Street to get it. Plus the Balmain Hotel does $1.00 dumplings of a Monday night.

Why would you live anywhere else?
This has to be one of the most depressing posts I've ever read

Burgey

Look son, I won't be lectured to about diversity of culinary experiences from anyone on here who hasn't worked as a professional chef in more than 30 countries ffs.

You might think grabbing a bowl of street food in some back alley in Honkers, Mumbai or Bangkok makes you the gastronomic equivalent of an extreme sportsman. It doesn't, any more than grabbing a piece of smear ripened cheese instead of Saint Augur in a Parisian deli does. FMD I've had meals here and overseas which range from the bland to the tremendous. Some of them were cheap and excellent, others cheap and awful. Most cost more than your education, and many of those weren't that great either. I mean, "Oooh err, have something cooked on the street in a thriving metropolis. Be edgy." Yeah, no one has ever done that before.

cnerd123

likes this
Look son, I won't be lectured to about diversity of culinary experiences from anyone on here who hasn't worked as a professional chef in more than 30 countries ffs.

You might think grabbing a bowl of street food in some back alley in Honkers, Mumbai or Bangkok makes you the gastronomic equivalent of an extreme sportsman. It doesn't, any more than grabbing a piece of smear ripened cheese instead of Saint Augur in a Parisian deli does. FMD I've had meals here and overseas which range from the bland to the tremendous. Some of them were cheap and excellent, others cheap and awful. Most cost more than your education, and many of those weren't that great either. I mean, "Oooh err, have something cooked on the street in a thriving metropolis. Be edgy." Yeah, no one has ever done that before.
Your understanding of Asian food is so depressing :(

Don't know why I expected different from a 175 year old Australian lawyer tbh.

Burgey

Look *****, you seem a nice* kid, but in this you're both misguided and mistaken.

* not really.

cnerd123

likes this
Allan Border sounds like a guy who wouldn't be able to appreciate a good curry. Or some good sashimi. He probably thinks raw fish is the lazy chef's way out.