• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Fourth Reich: Justin Langer Appointed Australian Head Coach

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i bet you a million dollars that when Adam Goodes was getting booed, Langer was like "it can't be racism, we cheer for Nic Nat!" #rightandwrong
I'm a racist and even I thought it was a bit stiff.

JBMAC

State Captain
Langer , as Coach, has guaranteed Sean and Mitch Marsh will play their last game at 60 years of age with the latter retiring as Australias longest serving skipper

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I think it is going to be fun having Langer in charge of your team. One day into the new role and he has described himself as an unkempt hippy, likened the Australian dressing room to a ''nightclub'' and produced the highly incomprehensible term, ''elite mateship''. Is it now safe to use the term ''Langerism''?

Vive La Langer.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Langer , as Coach, has guaranteed Sean and Mitch Marsh will play their last game at 60 years of age with the latter retiring as Australias longest serving skipper
I didn't think of that. I'm back off Langer's bandwagon.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
My favourite part was when he raised the Sarwan sledge to McGrath and made the purely accidental oversight of not mentioning McGrath asked Sarwan about the taste of a team mate's penis first.

Culture change. You know the first thing Langer will be saying on day one in the dressing room is 'now I know I said all that stuff in the media...BUT **** IT! HOSE THE ****S! ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE NEW ZEALAND, AYE WADEY!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know if this has been brought up.... but just realised that Langer was responsible for the bail incident against SL.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Does a team full of well compensated professionals with access to advanced analytical tools really need a head coach anymore? Rather than hiring someone who will probably be a PR liability in the future, they should've simply hired consultants to help the team out with technical glitches.

stephen

The coach is responsible for the team performances and is more of a manager than anything else these days.

social

The first interview that I’ve seen with Langer was as painful as expected - yes man, PR bs

Going to keep the mute button handy for as long as he lasts

Midwinter

State Captain
When I have heard Langer interveiwed on tv he has been as bland and as boring as a C9 commentator.
When he was on radio and more time to consider the questions and to make his reply he was much more interesting, and not as stilted in his speech
A serious student of the game.

Gnske

I don't know if this has been brought up.... but just realised that Langer was responsible for the bail incident against SL.
Better than committing racism against SL like our previous head coach. That seemed to be fine.

Borges

International Regular
Paine/Langer is an improvement over Smith/Lehman.
Just hope for the best: that after a while it wouldn't become Smith/Langer.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Very much doubt Smith will captain Australia again.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very much doubt Smith will captain Australia again.
Wouldn't surprise me. He's already been redeemed in a lot of people's eyes (assuming they thought he was wrong in the first place), even the media seems to be jumping on the "Smith the brave martyr captain taking one for his team" wagon.

Borges

International Regular
the media seems to be jumping on the "Smith the brave martyr captain taking one for his team" wagon.
Ah! What would we do without the media?

First they created a situation where a sensible decision could never be taken: don't ban anyone from playing cricket, but remove Smith from the captaincy, for ever.
Now they are trying to create an atmosphere where the public opinion would eventually become strongly in favour of the re-investiture as captain of a cheat who was caught red-handed.