• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1992 Cricket World Cup - Attended matches?

Spiritof1992

Cricket Spectator
I'm looking to speak to anyone who attended any matches in the 1992 Cricket World Cup.

Please let me know if you did so I can get in touch.

Thanks!

Spiritof1992

Cricket Spectator
I was at Basin Reserve last weekend. Doing some research at the Cricket Museum. Would you be willing to answer a few questions about the game?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I was at Basin Reserve last weekend. Doing some research at the Cricket Museum. Would you be willing to answer a few questions about the game?
Love the NZ Cricket Mueseum. And the guy who runs it is an absolute top bloke.

bagapath

International Captain
Can you post the questions and answers if it is not against the spirit of your research? Will be happy to learn about a place I may never get to see

Teuton

International Captain
if you are looking for obscure games, I went to Windies vs SL at Berri (South Australia).

Spiritof1992

Cricket Spectator
if you are looking for obscure games, I went to Windies vs SL at Berri (South Australia).
Excellent! I’ve spoken to Neil Weinart who prepared the pitch but would love to get your experiences. Can I get your email address by message or contact me via Twitter (@jnorthall). Cheers!

Teuton

International Captain
Excellent! I’ve spoken to Neil Weinart who prepared the pitch but would love to get your experiences. Can I get your email address by message or contact me via Twitter (@jnorthall). Cheers!
I'm not on twitter but am happy to post what i can on here or in a personal message conversation with you. The match was on the local footy oval with a rope boundary and some areas had tables/chairs/umbrellas set up for patrons. I fondly remember Dessie Haynes fielding on the boundary when a wicket fell he gave a quick clap to the bowler then stepped over the rope to sit down with fans under the umbrella for a drink to and sign a few autographs, rather than running all the way in to the rest of the team.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not on twitter but am happy to post what i can on here or in a personal message conversation with you. The match was on the local footy oval with a rope boundary and some areas had tables/chairs/umbrellas set up for patrons. I fondly remember Dessie Haynes fielding on the boundary when a wicket fell he gave a quick clap to the bowler then stepped over the rope to sit down with fans under the umbrella for a drink to and sign a few autographs, rather than running all the way in to the rest of the team.
That's great stuff. I know the World Cup is a different beast these days to what it was back then, but it would have been cool to have some of the 2015 pool games at smaller venues too.

Spiritof1992

Cricket Spectator
Can't seem to send PMs on here. Would like to discuss by email if possible?

Spiritof1992

Cricket Spectator
That's great stuff. I know the World Cup is a different beast these days to what it was back then, but it would have been cool to have some of the 2015 pool games at smaller venues too.
Agreed. Pukekura Park is probably too small (over 600 runs in the Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe match in 1992). Harrup Park in Mackay would be good (had held at least one SS game). Alice Springs or Darwin could have been options.