• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All 104 nations will receive T20I status

Firebreaker

Banned
It's a really good news for an Associate advocate like me. It's a progressive decision as well albeit it seems likely that ICC are high on having just T20 format now

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Cute and all, but is it really that big a deal?

i'm more surprised all country v country matches are never at least List A.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Bahh, old news. The real issue now is whether or not these countries will receive ''The Hundred'' status.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meaningless really.

Just another initiative to increase the importance of cricket for morons and reduce the other formats for those who have over 50 iq.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I found this to be bigger news.

The move would mean that there will be two back-back World T20 events in 2020 (in Australia) and in 2021 (in India).
That's hopelessly dire.

Victor Ian

International Coach
2020-2021 will be a good time for a team to peak in form. For one years solid performance they could net themselves two cups.

In keeping with it's cheap status they should ensure the T20 world cup is plastic.

Victor Ian

International Coach
And why did they decide to not stage 2018. These guys are a joke. They are like stoners who wake up and go 'nah couldn't be ****ed this year' while at other times eating a double helping.

cnerd123

likes this
2020-2021 will be a good time for a team to peak in form. For one years solid performance they could net themselves two cups.

In keeping with it's cheap status they should ensure the T20 world cup is plastic.
Imagine the ICC using people who now think the World T20 is 'cheap' as an excuse to not give other nations ODI status. "Well we did it for T20Is and look what happened..."

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So what does this actually achieve? Except **** with stats?

2022 CC Thread: Who was the best T20I player? Chris Gayle, Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli or Ngobi Mumbunja from The Democratic Republic of Botswana (has a T20I batting average of 60)

This is such a poor planning. WT20 is just another tournament and not a World Cup anymore.
Was it ever? Certainly never felt like one. Champions trophy felt just as important, if not more.

cnerd123

likes this
Well the biggest aspect of this is that all these smaller nations can now show their local governments/potential sponsors that they are a legit International team competing in some worldwide cricket competition. Could be good for growing the sport.

TheJediBrah

Well the biggest aspect of this is that all these smaller nations can now show their local governments/potential sponsors that they are a legit International team competing in some worldwide cricket competition. Could be good for growing the sport.
Really though?

Will the government and sponsors pay more attention to a Falkland Islands v Jersey T20 match because has some nebulous "T20I endorsement" from the ICC? How does it make it any more "real" or "legit" than it already was? It's still an international match between 2 countries.

cnerd123

likes this
Really though?

Will the government and sponsors pay more attention to a Falkland Islands v Jersey T20 match because has some nebulous "T20I endorsement" from the ICC? How does it make it any more "real" or "legit" than it already was? It's still an international match between 2 countries.
I know it sounds weird, but having had a peek into how this all works with Hong Kong atleast, I can assure you it plays a role.

Like, Hong Kong had local funding tied into ODI status - we're still playing as Hong Kong against other countries but for some reason that ICC stamp of legitimacy carries weight. Probably won't help every country, and even if it does it may not be significant, but it does carry weight.

Borges

International Regular
Now that the I in T20I has been imbued with meaning, the time is now ripe to kick the West Indies and England-Wales out of this format.

_Ed_

I found this to be bigger news.

That's hopelessly dire.
Absolutely terrible. I thought the 2016 World T20 was fantastic, and I was looking forward to the next one. But they should be four years apart - not two, and never ****ing one.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So what does this actually achieve? Except **** with stats?

2022 CC Thread: Who was the best T20I player? Chris Gayle, Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli or Ngobi Mumbunja from The Democratic Republic of Botswana (has a T20I batting average of 60)
tbf, T20i stats are meaningless anyway. As are all stats when you shear them from context, now that I think about it.