• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC World Cup 2019 schedule

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A 10 team round robin? That's 45 games. And then a KO stage. The tournament is going to last 6 weeks. Wtf. That's so bloated.

Its so ridiculous. A 16 team tournament with 4 groups of 4 followed by a KO stage would have been less games in a shorter time frame with more teams involved.

This is such greedy decision making its boggling. What is all this money for? How much higher do these men want their bonuses to be? They aren't adding any value to work cricket to deserve whatever it is they think they deserve.
So you obviously weren't around for the best World Cup of the lot which was 92. Only thing that spoiled that tournament was the rain rules, this is basically the same format with hopefully better rain rules this time. Should be great.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I heard it got up to 32 in London.

That's cute.
Sometimes the BBC do a comparison and you hear it is hotter here than Rio or Cairo.

The problem with English weather pertaining to cricket is not that it rains a lot per se but that it is completely unpredictable. I remember one season (this might have been last season, with the washed-out day-nighter experiment?) when there were loads of high-summer wash-outs, and after the season had ended, running into October, perfect sunny weather for cricket!

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

It is one of the reasons I'm not as zealous on the ''championship cricket in July'' argument (to produce fast/spin bowlers). You could just as easily have a hot May and September and a washed-out June-August!

S.Kennedy

Freakish? Statistically, yes, but your perception of 'hot' needs to be fined tuned, I think.
In relation to Asian sub-continent?

Have you ever looked on a map? Britain sits longitudinally next to Scandinavia and just below Iceland! For Britain to achieve Indian or Australian temperatures would indeed be extremely odd - it would contradict not just meteorology but astrophysics itself! That said you do still get those summers when you can melt an egg on the top of a car.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah London didn't reach 32 degrees last week...29 degrees maximum on 19th

@Starfighter

Last edited:

theegyptian

We should have a couple of cricketweb meetups at some random non india/england cheap ticket games imo.

S.Kennedy

If you are willing to avoid England and India (for some odd reason) ticket prices are not too bad, with plenty of under £20 tickets available. Might go to one of the Sri Lankan fixtures at Chester-le.

Have a look,

https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazo...C-World-Cup-Schedule_Portrait-with-Prices.pdf

You can pre-register for something called a ''Family Ballot'' on 1st May, which opens at 10am on May 8th (you'll probably have to be on the ball if you are wanting England tickets).

PS

Or you can just pre-register now,

https://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/tickets-about

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

I think I might go to both Sri Lankan games at Chester-le and support Sri Lanka.

Pull a *****.

Ticket prices not been received well on twitter for the Indian and England games. It is disgusting how certain sets of fans are penalised because they (the ICC/ECB) know they can exploit them basically.

Last edited:

Tec15

First Class Debutant
So you obviously weren't around for the best World Cup of the lot which was 92. Only thing that spoiled that tournament was the rain rules, this is basically the same format with hopefully better rain rules this time. Should be great.
1992 was nowhere near "the best World Cup of the lot". As a point of fact it was probably one of the worst, filled with over the hill duffers, constantly mediocre,boring, turgid early 90's style one day cricket (Hooray, we got to 210/5 in 50 overs! Let's hope our army of medium pacers can restrict their scoring rate! Shouldn't be a problem as the openers will bat cautiously to build a platform.) Nostalgia for that tournament and mindless copying of it's format will lead to the death of the World Cup. Can't wait for half a dozen dead games between already eliminated teams, as the tournament rolls towards it's tedious conclusion in 2019!:yawn: Maybe the rain will save us from it.

Funnily enough, I wrote a post on that theme back during the 2015 World Cup. http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/world-cup-2015/65265-2015-world-cup-compared-other-world-cups.html#post3387454
Still true. All of it, but in retrospect I really should have been much harsher.

flibbertyjibber

1992 was nowhere near "the best World Cup of the lot". As a point of fact it was probably one of the worst, filled with over the hill duffers, constantly mediocre,boring, turgid early 90's style one day cricket (Hooray, we got to 210/5 in 50 overs! Let's hope our army of medium pacers can restrict their scoring rate! Shouldn't be a problem as the openers will bat cautiously to build a platform.) Nostalgia for that tournament and mindless copying of it's format will lead to the death of the World Cup. Can't wait for half a dozen dead games between already eliminated teams, as the tournament rolls towards it's tedious conclusion in 2019!:yawn: Maybe the rain will save us from it.

Funnily enough, I wrote a post on that theme back during the 2015 World Cup. http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/world-cup-2015/65265-2015-world-cup-compared-other-world-cups.html#post3387454
Still true. All of it, but in retrospect I really should have been much harsher.
You talk rubbish. We will agree to differ and leave it at that.

smash84

The Tiger King

yeah, what bull****. 92 was probably the 2nd best world cup if not the best. Personally i thought 99 was the best but its a toss up between those 2 for most people i would reckon

OverratedSanity

2011 is my favourite for obvious reasons. But even apart from India winning you had some amazing moments... that amazing Ind-Eng tie, Eng losing to both Ireland and Bangladesh but beating WI and SA in thrillers, Misbah's hilarious knock in the semi, SA's even more hilarious collapse vs NZ