• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian One Day team

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but Hayden was at ATG player. That helps. Head wouldn't even get a look in to international cricket if he was from the 1990s-2000s.

And I don't think Head's a bad bloke, I just don't like him as a player.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Could see something like this as a WC squad:

1. Finch
2. Head
3. Smith
4. Marsh
5. Stoinis/Marsh
6. Maxwell
7. Carey
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

12. Marsh/Stoinis
13. Richardson
14. Coulter-Nile
15. Lyon

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think Head scoring three fifties is really as glowing for him as it's being made out, given:

• He looked really awful to start his innings most of the time
  • He didn't convert even though he was opening - his top score was 63
  • Probably his main competition for a spot in the full strength side hit two tons

He definitely didn't have a bad series by any stretch, and I think the best thing about it was that he never wasted deliveries as it gives him a bit of a different edge to the other opening options who made runs, but if you didn't think he should be in the full strength eleven then this series probably wouldn't have changed your mind (unless you only thought that because you were a big D'Arcy Short fan...)

TheJediBrah

I don't think Head comes close to the full-strength side. If we have to pick a croweater I'd much rather Callum Ferguson. Far superior player.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think Head comes close to the full-strength side. If we have to pick a croweater I'd much rather Callum Ferguson. Far superior player.
I'm pretty sure the selectors view Ferguson as being too old and only to be brought in as a replacement for S Marsh, if ever.

My full strength XI FWIW:

Warner
Finch (c)
Smith
S Marsh
Stoinis
M Marsh
Carey
Agar
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood

Maxwell, Stanlake, Lyon next cabs off the rank.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Could see something like this as a WC squad:

1. Finch
2. Head
3. Smith
4. Marsh
5. Stoinis/Marsh
6. Maxwell
7. Carey
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

12. Marsh/Stoinis
13. Richardson
14. Coulter-Nile
15. Lyon
No Warner? Don't think he'll be back?

morgieb

No Warner? Don't think he'll be back?
It's a weird one, initially I thought his career was done given the way he got hung out to dry by the dressing room. But Australia's ODI side looks bad enough that they may turn to him out of desperation. Will be keen to see what happens there.

TheJediBrah

I was thinking the same, thought Warner was done. But now I'm pretty confident he'll be back almost immediately when he becomes available. The rest of the players are just too **** to be wasting an ATG player like Warner, regardless of his c***iness

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I was thinking the same, thought Warner was done. But now I'm pretty confident he'll be back almost immediately when he becomes available. The rest of the players are just too **** to be wasting an ATG player like Warner, regardless of his c***iness
Oh - and I get burned for Buttler in a 25 year team. Warner's now competing with Tendulkar, Amla, Anwar, Abbas and Haynes. I think I prefer Guptill and Dhawan - let alone Bairstow tbh.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Hussein during commentary

"I like this Head bloke - he's got grit"

Warner replies

"I hope he gets 12 months too like I did"

(clearly a joke post)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
If Warner and Smith make their way back:

Finch *
Warner
SMarsh
Smith
MMarsh
Stoinis
Carey +
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Stanlake

Hazelwood, Maxwell, Coulter-Nile, Khawaja

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'd have Haze over both Cummins and Stanlake and Coulter-Nile over Stanlake for now. Agree with the batting.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Averaging 43@96 with 14 hundreds in 106 matches is statistically up there with anyone else, though I get the feeling we're going to downplay the stats of modern players in time.