• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian One Day team

Jack1

International Debutant
1 Finch
2 Head
3 Stoinis
4. S Marsh
5. Maxwell
6. M Marsh
7. Carey (wk)
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

I can't include Smith and Warner, they are banned. Need to find a new captain.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
semantics
Teams without Warner and Smith in them would only be relevant if people cared about the team for the remaining period of their bans though. By the time the World Cup rolls around and the selectors will even be attempting to pick a full strength side they'll be there, so you might as well include them in any thoughts about what the full strength team is.

I wonder if Stoinis having such a horrible series will count against him when everyone (perhaps most relevantly Mitch Marsh, but also Smith) is available again. I'll back him in for the WC squad but I can see him finding himself outside the first choice eleven if he doesn't score many between now and when it starts.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Teams without Warner and Smith in them would only be relevant if people cared about the team for the remaining period of their bans though. By the time the World Cup rolls around and the selectors will even be attempting to pick a full strength side they'll be there, so you might as well include them in any thoughts about what the full strength team is.

I wonder if Stoinis having such a horrible series will count against him when everyone (perhaps most relevantly Mitch Marsh, but also Smith) is available again. I'll back him in for the WC squad but I can see him finding himself outside the first choice eleven if he doesn't score many between now and when it starts.
It was clear what John was saying though.

He actually didn't even say 'full strength' in his post

TheJediBrah

I could name an England XI but not include Stokes, Bairstow or Buttler because gingers don't have souls and I can't include them, which would be clear. But dumb.

Daemon

Don't they have ODIs before Warner/Smith can come back? Maybe he's just naming his side for then.

FBU

International Debutant
Pretty solid, but could still go with an extra batsman instead of Agar. Lynn, Khawaja, Short, Smarsh or someone. A bit too many "all-roundery" type players from 4-8
T20s

1 Finch
2 Warner
3 Short
4 Lynn
5 Maxwell
6 Carey
7 Agar
8 Cummins
9 Starc
10 Coulter-Nile
11 Zampa

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Acually yes. I know a lot of people don't rate him as a T20 player but that's cause they suck as people. Definitely makes the team stronger.

Daemon

Nah he definitely sucks. Has his days though.

The problem is he'll bring in Head, get 4 overs out of him and set terrible fields for Agar/Zampa. .