• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wisden's Cricketers of the Century

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Sir Donald Bradman
Sir Garfield Sobers
Sir Jack Hobbs
Shane Warne
Sir Vivian Richards

Do you all agree with Wisden's choices for their five cricketers of the century or should someone else be in that list?

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Shane Warne?..

I want to say tendulkar but I kow I might get all kinda response,..but Shane Warne?
Warne is one of the greatest bowlers ever & his record speaks for himself. So I reckon that he deserves to be on that list.

Though Tendulkars acheivements would of been worthy (especially his ODI record) of selection too.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Then why is it even mentioned now
CW is a place to talk about cricket and to read other peoples opinions.

That list was made a few years ago, but it was to do with who Wisden thought were the greatest cricketers of the century, not who is currently (at the time of the list being published) playing well; so its still relevant to talk about it.

Sehwag309

Banned
Ford_GTHO351 said:
CW is a place to talk about cricket and to read other peoples opinions.

That list was made a few years ago, but it was to do with who Wisden thought were the greatest cricketers of the century, not who is currently (at the time of the list being published) playing well; so its still relevant to talk about it.
yup, quite Relevant