• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wisden's Cricketers of the Century

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
To you, nothing which suggests Barnes was exceptional will be a proper argument, you've already formed your conclusion based on the same evidence so many others have formed other conclusions. There's no way on Earth any argument, proper or otherwise, put forward by me or anyone else, is going to change that. I don't seek to change your mind, I seek to put forward, in the public domain, the counter-argument to what I see as something fairly flawed on your part.

Though whether anyone will have read the last few posts is to my mind fairly doubtful.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
To you, nothing which suggests Barnes was exceptional will be a proper argument, you've already formed your conclusion based on the same evidence so many others have formed other conclusions. There's no way on Earth any argument, proper or otherwise, put forward by me or anyone else, is going to change that. I don't seek to change your mind, I seek to put forward, in the public domain, the counter-argument to what I see as something fairly flawed on your part.

Though whether anyone will have read the last few posts is to my mind fairly doubtful.
That's nonsense. I have, on this board, changed my stances many times based on arguments put against me. You do not display that characteristic. A lot of people can put a great argument forward, you just keep putting poor ones. When you are proven wrong, you bring your own parameters to save face.

And whether someone has read the last few posts is irrelevant. I am not trying to impress anyone, maybe you are.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's nonsense. I have, on this board, changed my stances many times based on arguments put against me. You do not display that characteristic.
I've changed my stance more than once. Let's see some examples of doing so then?

If you've changed so often, though, it begs the question of why you formed the previous idea ITFP?
A lot of people can put a great argument forward, you just keep putting poor ones. When you are proven wrong, you bring your own parameters to save face.
I bring my own parameters because they're there. I don't invent them whenever people try to prove such-and-such idea of mine wrong.
And whether someone has read the last few posts is irrelevant. I am not trying to impress anyone, maybe you are.
I'm not trying to "impress" anyone. Simply put things out there.

jaws

Cricket Spectator
bradman
viv richards
jack hobbs
gary sobers
sachin tendulkar

seriously dey were geniuses in batting
but dont neglect
marshal
denis lillee
wasim akram
& co in selection!!!

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Since Murali was not yet a great bowler at the end of the last century, I will take following as my 5:

Don Bradman
Garry Sobers
Imran Khan
Viv Richards
Richard Hadlee

smash84

The Tiger King
Since Murali was not yet a great bowler at the end of the last century, I will take following as my 5:

Don Bradman
Garry Sobers
Imran Khan
Viv Richards
Richard Hadlee
I pretty much agree. Although I think Shane Warne was a very good bowler in the last century. A real match winner too.