• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not even his parents would shell out that kind of money for him. Was one of the strangest buys ever.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Just get him to play the World Cup, JL. Offer him good cash, vice-captaincy and as many of the team's reviews as he wants per game.
Haha, this tickled my funny bone. Especially when I remembered ODIs only have one (which he'd clearly use without it being a stipulation of his contract).

karan316

State Vice-Captain
15 matches, 11 wickets at 44 at 9.65. So, does anyone think Unadkat was worth $1.8 Million?
Unadkat's performance in IPL 2017 was why he ended up with that price tag. Usually, the money you get is like a reward for what you do in the past year in the IPL or in the prev 6-7 months in LO domestic cricket. The big price tag usually ends up putting too much pressure on individuals, if you have 4-5 bad games at the start, it becomes too difficult to come back as players start doubting whether they are justifying their price tag.

I don't think Unadkat is outstanding, but he is not a bad T20 bowler either. He can be quite handy on slow surfaces with those cutters, and that's where the type of pitch on your home ground matters a lot(since you play half your games on the home track). Look at Bravo, CSK's go-to bowler, he has had such a bad series with the ball, had they played their home games on the dusty Chennai track, Bravo would have done a lot better and been a lot more confident while playing away. Would be interesting to see if RR releases Unadkat next year, CSK will definitely pick him coz he seems like the perfect bowler for the Chepauk track.

Last edited: