• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yadav wouldn't have changed anything.. bowlers did their job. We should have selected Rahane instead of Rohit and played another batsman ahead of Pandya, probably. Even then we might have lost. Batsmen didn't click in that series and SA's attack was too good.

Borges

International Regular
We should have selected Rahane instead of Rohit and played another batsman ahead of Pandya, probably. Even then we might have lost. Batsmen didn't click in that series and SA's attack was too good.
You can't go into a series in South Africa where you first game out there is a test match.
But for the stupidity of Faf demanding that the curators doctor the wickets, we would have been comprehensively white washed, no matter what team we played..

TheJediBrah

Yadav wouldn't have changed anything.. bowlers did their job. We should have selected Rahane instead of Rohit and played another batsman ahead of Pandya, probably. Even then we might have lost. Batsmen didn't click in that series and SA's attack was too good.
Picking 5 fast bowlers a game that series was so ****ing dumb

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Picking 5 fast bowlers a game that series was so ****ing dumb
Haha yeah at least SA had the excuse of using a dead rubber to fill out some quotas. It was just ridiculous from India.

The fact that it was a dead rubber does kind of prove that this move didn't cost India the series, especially since they actually won that game, but it was still horrible. Their selections for the live games weren't perfect either but I don't think they cost them the series either; they're just not quite as good as South Africa in those conditions and it bore out that way.

Last edited:

Daemon

Yep, even the worst decision of all (dropping Bhuvi for the 2nd Test) may not have made a difference given how we batted in the final innings.

Mr Miyagi

Banned

Ironically, what NZ, Eng, Sa and Aus are all lacking is batsman depth and it causes problems, India have the reverse problem, they have too much batting depth, and Kohli doesn't know who to pick anymore.

I agree with Rohit and Rahane, being dumb, but seriously only Pujara and Kohli seem like certainties these days, and I saw a cricketwebsite chart showing tests missed by Pujara sine Kohli has been captain.

India has too much batting talent at a level ready to build international careers and it is causing issues, whereas some of us are patiently developing the likes of Malan/Vince, Nicolls and Bavuma into proper and better than they were international cricketers, and one is wearing a sandpaper ban.

This depth is robbing missing-out-on-selection Indian players of development (and selection confidence) and it leaves the selectors with too many opportunities to stuff up it would appear.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Ironically, what NZ, Eng, Sa and Aus are all lacking is batsman depth and it causes problems, India have the reverse problem, they have too much batting depth, and Kohli doesn't know who to pick anymore.

I agree with Rohit and Rahane, being dumb, but seriously only Pujara and Kohli seem like certainties these days, and I saw a cricketwebsite chart showing tests missed by Pujara sine Kohli has been captain.

India has too much batting talent at a level ready to build international careers, some of us are patiently developing the likes of Malan/Vince, Nicolls and Bavuma into proper international cricketers, and one is wearing a sandpaper ban.
India is the only team that has an active batsman under the age of 27 with a triple hundred in Tests who isn't even in the squad anymore

Daemon

India also has the greatest number of bowlers that can bowl 140+. Sran even hit 149 the other day which really surprised me.

Most of them are ****e but this is still amazing progress compared to not too long ago.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea even Bhuvi has gone opposite to the direction of most Indian seamers - went from a 120 kmph bowler to a 130-140 kmph bowler and has become better in the process.

Won't be long before India A becomes a legit world force too

Mr Miyagi

Banned
India also has the greatest number of bowlers that can bowl 140+. Sran even hit 149 the other day which really surprised me.

Most of them are ****e but this is still amazing progress compared to not too long ago.

Taking out the 1.2bn population, and focussing on just those in the FC reasonably aiming to step up, I seriously doubt India has more bowlers than SA and Aus pushing it past 140 regularly in the whites all day with a red ball.

T20 is not indicative of test speed at all, 4 overs does not compare to 20 and a full day in the field. Boult is reg mid 140s in t20 and odi, but not in tests, where he is about a full 10km/h min slower at 129-133.

But India is pushing ahead of NZ and England in good quality pacey seamers (even if NZ still creates the Milnes and Fergussons at 150+ for t20). But I still think Pak, SA and Aus have the most by some distance over India.

And no - I don't think the Indian seam attack is better than NZ's or Englands. I just agree that India has more 140km/h options these days whereas NZ and Eng don't.

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Yea even Bhuvi has gone opposite to the direction of most Indian seamers - went from a 120 kmph bowler to a 130-140 kmph bowler and has become better in the process.

Won't be long before India A becomes a legit world force too

Bumrah bowling to Steve Smith. So much skill. So ugly. Looks like a frog in a blender seam bowler and a frog in a blender batsman.

Bhuvi is good to watch. Very classical and orthodox, very easy on the eye.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

They started eating meat?

cnerd123

likes this
Remember when Shoaib Malik got a MOTM award for his performance against India and said he dedicated it "To all the Muslims" while Irfan and Zaheer were standing right there

Fun fact:
Number of Muslims in India - 172 million
Population of Pakistan - 193 million

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Nor for Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan one would presume.

Presume so - but both India and Pakistan teams if religiously faithful and orthodox are going to struggle to have a good beer and steak night :p

Was Irfan really 140+? :p

Last edited:

Daemon

Taking out the 1.2bn population, and focussing on just those in the FC reasonably aiming to step up, I seriously doubt India has more bowlers than SA and Aus pushing it past 140 regularly in the whites all day with a red ball.

T20 is not indicative of test speed at all, 4 overs does not compare to 20 and a full day in the field. Boult is reg mid 140s in t20 and odi, but not in tests, where he is about a full 10km/h min slower at 129-133.

But India is pushing ahead of NZ and England in good quality pacey seamers (even if NZ still creates the Milnes and Fergussons at 150+ for t20). But I still think Pak, SA and Aus have the most by some distance over India.

And no - I don't think the Indian seam attack is better than NZ's or Englands. I just agree that India has more 140km/h options these days whereas NZ and Eng don't.
Pakistan most definitely does not.

Of course, if we're talking FC then India only has Shami/Yadav/Aaron/Bumrah who can keep the pace up throughout a game. I believe Kaul stays quick throughout the day but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Who do SA/Aus have? Not familiar with their domestic bowlers.