• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2018

Borges

International Regular
Rahane playing the best losing innings ever here lol
Truly horrible guy; didn't even make an attempt to try and win.
I know he's supposed to be the sheet anchor, but one has to switch roles when the situation demands it. Preserve net run rate and all that would be the excuse, I suppose.

slippy888

International Captain
You have Gowtham and Archer in the shed why send in a newbie to bat at number 6, power striking was required and rahane what was he doing

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Cutting's white-ball bowling has been a liability for years now. You almost need to play him purely as a middle order hitter, ala Corey Anderson.

That said, the Fizz has hardly set the world alight of late.
Cutting used to be able to get away with having virtually no variety/movement when he bowled in the 140s but now it's just hit me stuff

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never understood slow batting that loses matches like that. How do you even do it? Do you have to have no self awareness?

Tbf the rest of them didn't do much better but they didn't have the time to play themselves in that Rahane did and he just wasted it

Just don't get it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, Cutting's white-ball bowling has been a liability for years now. You almost need to play him purely as a middle order hitter
Yep, and he's not really good enough at this to justify an IPL contract. Good enough to do it as a local player in the BBL or maybe to play one of the lesser franchise tournaments as an overseas player, but given he still hasn't hit a fifty in the format he shouldn't be getting an IPL deal.

Daemon

I've never understood slow batting that loses matches like that. How do you even do it? Do you have to have no self awareness?

Tbf the rest of them didn't do much better but they didn't have the time to play themselves in that Rahane did and he just wasted it

Just don't get it
Misbah in the 2011 WC semi finals against India

That was probably the worst I've seen

Daemon

Yep, and he's not really good enough at this to justify an IPL contract. Good enough to do it as a local player in the BBL or maybe to play one of the lesser franchise tournaments as an overseas player, but given he still hasn't hit a fifty in the format he shouldn't be getting an IPL deal.
I'd think twice before using him as one of my foreign players for the HK Blitz tbh

Borges

International Regular
Woo! Boult and Plunkett are being taken to the cleaners. Combined figures of 6 - 0 - 87 - 0, so far.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Don't we look at Rayudu every IPL and ask why is he not playing for India? When will he play?