• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2018

karan316

State Vice-Captain
RCB's death bowling
Chalal 10.00
Woakes 12.00
Siraj 12.25
Khejroliya 13.66
Yadav 15.50
Anderson 16.16

Kohli getting lots of advice from Nehra and passing it on to bowlers
Tbh, with that super flat Bangalore pitch and dew being a factor, RCB should have focussed more on their bowling options in the auction. Plus, at this stage it's quite clear that they lack in the bowling department and are reliant on their batting to do the job, why not just Bring Moeen in and make sure they have someone who can do the job if Kohli and AB don't click.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Dhawan, Williamson, Hales, Pandey and Shakib as top 5 gives such a strong look but somehow, the team management still doesn't realize that. They still have hacks like Saha, Hooda and Yusuf in top 4. Hooda, Yusuf and Rashid can be good hitters in end overs. Just push Saha to 8.
Yusuf should either be in the top 4 or out of the team. This lower order hitter tag has been hurting him since forever, if you check his record, he has scored only when he has came in early to bat with enough overs in hand. I see guys like Hardik Pandya and Raina as players who can come in and hitout from ball one, not everyone can do that, Yusuf is more of a upper middle order player who has been pushed down because "hey, he can hit sixes". His best years with the bat were when he was promoted to number 4 in 2015 and 2016. The pitch really doesn't matter when he gets going, even in the last match, if he had someone at the other end he would have stitched a partnership to reach 145-150 and pushed Mumbai completely out of the game.

Last edited:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Epic stuff from Dhoni. What a revelation he's been. Seems like he's found some mojo at last!

Poor Kohli. But I think he's reserving all his **** fortune for IPL which is ok

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like Kohli as a Test captain but I can't see India succeeding at the World Cup or limited overs tournaments under his captaincy. We will probably unravel spectacularly on the field in some crucial game.

Zinzan

Poor Kohli. But I think he's reserving all his **** fortune for IPL which is ok
Kohli deserved to lose that for being stupid enough to bowl Anderson his full quota of 4 overs, and even worse, giving him the last pressure over.

Amongst the odd yorker & half decent short ball, Anderson is almost guaranteed to serve up 2-3 of the most beautiful hittable half-volleys every over.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yusuf should either be in the top 4 or out of the team. This lower order hitter tag has been hurting him since forever, if you check his record, he has scored only when he has came in early to bat with enough overs in hand. I see guys like Hardik Pandya and Raina as players who can come in and hitout from ball one, not everyone can do that, Yusuf is more of a upper middle order player who has been pushed down because "hey, he can hit sixes". His best years with the bat were when he was promoted to number 4 in 2015 and 2016. The pitch really doesn't matter when he gets going, even in the last match, if he had someone at the other end he would have stitched a partnership to reach 145-150 and pushed Mumbai completely out of the game.
In that case, he should not be in the team. Too inconsistent.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
In that case, he should not be in the team. Too inconsistent.
Was given enough overs to work with in 2015 and 16 for KKR and averaged 44 and 72 respectively, his performances went down again after he had to move a couple of slots down to make room for Narine and Lynn at the top. The finisher tag hurts him all the time, he is not, he can play a few impact innings though, but certainly not a number 6 or 7.

Borges

International Regular
So, Yuvraj has been binned. Better late than never.

Woo, I'm not watching this any more.Pretty poor way to get out.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
I get the impression that you're not a huge fan of big Dan. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
To be fair, Vettori is useless, but Kohli takes some blame also as he would have plenty of input into what goes on behind the scenes.

Going to be amazing when Vettori manages India because Kohli likes him.:laugh:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I might throw up.

Imagine in 2018 been in charge of Bangalore and only picking one oversea "bowler" in Corey ****ing Anderson. Shocking.

Why is Daniel Vettori still employed by RCB? They have loads of money and pull, surely they can do better ?

Aussie coaches used to get hammered for lazy thinking basically picking Aussie players because they were to lazy to do any research, this Vettori clown loading up Bangalore with NZ players because they are his mates should be a sacking offence.

The **** will try and sign Jimmy Neesham soon.:laugh:
Is Corey Anderson managed by Fleming, Baz and co's management company? He must be. There's no other reason to sign him. He hasn't played an international game since mid last year, and played 3 times for ND this summer - played for ND A more. His body is broken, he was never a decent death bowler, yet now he's deemed not only worthy enough to sign, not only worthy enough to play, but to bat 4, bowl 4 overs and at the death? I don't get the IPL, I would've thought it would be about winning but it's clearly not. Daniel Vettori is far too smart a bloke to think playing a rusty pseudo all-rounder as your overseas player is a good idea.

Daemon

Is Corey Anderson managed by Fleming, Baz and co's management company? He must be. There's no other reason to sign him. He hasn't played an international game since mid last year, and played 3 times for ND this summer - played for ND A more. His body is broken, he was never a decent death bowler, yet now he's deemed not only worthy enough to sign, not only worthy enough to play, but to bat 4, bowl 4 overs and at the death? I don't get the IPL, I would've thought it would be about winning but it's clearly not. Daniel Vettori is far too smart a bloke to think playing a rusty pseudo all-rounder as your overseas player is a good idea.
He was signed as a replacement for an injured player (I forget who). I guess he wasn't in the initial plans but was quickly brought on board last minute because he had connections.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
It’s weird that Williamson’s captaincy in the IPL is probably increasing his profile internationally more than his Test batting.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Gambhir's article on stepping down from the DD captaincy:

My hotel suite on the 22nd floor has blinds covering vast glass windows. At the bottom of these blinds there is a white plastic rod holding them together. Those who know me hate the fact that I keep my room freezing cold. It was no different on Monday night when I returned to my room after we lost to Kings XI Punjab.

The air-conditoner was smashing on the blinds full tilt. It was around 1am and the silence in the room was only broken when the rod holding the blinds hit the wall. I don’t know if it was coincidence or God’s way of suggesting something but the sound of blinds hitting the wall had a striking similarity to the sound of a cricket ball hitting the stumps. Was it a sign that it was over?

Each time the rod hit the wall I was reminded of my dismissals this year… reminded my team was at the bottom of the points table. Each time, it seemed my conscience was spanking me. With just 85 runs in six games I can’t be leading DD. It was time for me to step down from captaincy.

It was almost 2am and I was having an animated conversation with a friend in my hotel room. He was trying to talk me out of this decision by pointing at my IPL records, reminding me that I scored a half-century in the first game of this season etc etc. I told him that I have dropped the likes of Colin Munro, Amit Mishra and Mohammed Shami after an odd bad game. By those standards, how can I be leading the team or be a part of the playing eleven after a string of single-digit scores? Friends and family are always blinded by love but I was searching for objectivity.

Against their wishes, I met DD promoter Kiran K Gandhi and the CEO Hemant Duaon Tuesday evening. I told them that I would like to step down from captaincy. Both these gents have a heart of gold and are passionate beyond words about DD. They care a lot about the players and support staff. No wonder our chat was full of concern and logic but above all utmost honesty. After conveying it to them I shared my decision with coach Ricky Ponting on Wednesday afternoon and then the entire team.

While I was writing this I was getting a sense that a certain section of the media was seeing Ponting as a trigger for my decision to step down. I don’t know where is it coming from. Maybe Aussie-bashing is the flavor of the season! Ponting is a fine guy. Maybe we are watching too many news channels/daily soaps and end up searching for conspiracies where none exist. It is a straight line, let us not speculate: It was MY decision to step down, no one pushed me into it.

There has been speculation about my future as a cricketer too. Well, there are no immediate plans to retire. My immediate plans include turning it around for DD, buying a nice gift for my daughter’s birthday on May 1 and moving out of my hotel suite as only the captains get to stay in them.

cnerd123

likes this
Apart from the weirdness of God trying to replicate the sound of ball on stumps by being windy in GG's hotel room, it's actually pretty creditable that he doesn't feel he should lead unless he can justify a spot in the XI with the bat first.