• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2018

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gambhir has stepped down as captain and been replaced by Iyer.

I think it will take more than just a change in captain to improve the Diredevils' results.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Dhoni. Always good to see RCB lose (said the proud Bangalorean).

Niall

International Coach
I think I might throw up.

Imagine in 2018 been in charge of Bangalore and only picking one oversea "bowler" in Corey ****ing Anderson. Shocking.

Why is Daniel Vettori still employed by RCB? They have loads of money and pull, surely they can do better ?

Aussie coaches used to get hammered for lazy thinking basically picking Aussie players because they were to lazy to do any research, this Vettori clown loading up Bangalore with NZ players because they are his mates should be a sacking offence.

The **** will try and sign Jimmy Neesham soon.:laugh:

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
I love to know the RCB chat behind the scenes

Random RCB coach "Think our bowling might be an issue again this year lads"

Vettori " Don't worry Colin De Grandhomme and Corey Anderson will sort this out, I wear glasses so I know what I am doing":laugh:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
RCB has two bowlers complete their spells at 6.5 an over or less and they still can't defend 205.

That's dire.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Anderson's selection was bizarre. The guy's only been back playing domestic cricket for about a month after being out for god knows how long injured, no way he's ready for anything like the IPL (and iirc he struggled in the IPL even when he was fit and playing well for NZ). On the NZ front, I'm still amazed that guys like McClenaghan and Anderson are getting call-ups while Lockie Ferguson (who actually performed quite well in the 3 or 4 games he played in IPL17) is sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Cheer up. It's only the IPL. Most of these teams will probably be booted out next season anyhow.

Daemon

****ing hell MSD. Saving one of his best seasons for when critics are the most vocal. Fair play to him (even if I still think he's going to stink up the WC)

FBU

International Debutant
RCB's death bowling
Chalal 10.00
Woakes 12.00
Siraj 12.25
Khejroliya 13.66
Yadav 15.50
Anderson 16.16

Kohli getting lots of advice from Nehra and passing it on to bowlers

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Didn't watch the full MSD inning yesterday and even though the bowling was weak, the shot off the slow, low, wide full toss for a six showing hand strength was quite epic. As wonderful as the good old helicopter.

TheJediBrah

I think I might throw up.

Imagine in 2018 been in charge of Bangalore and only picking one oversea "bowler" in Corey ****ing Anderson. Shocking.

Why is Daniel Vettori still employed by RCB? They have loads of money and pull, surely they can do better ?

Aussie coaches used to get hammered for lazy thinking basically picking Aussie players because they were to lazy to do any research, this Vettori clown loading up Bangalore with NZ players because they are his mates should be a sacking offence.

The **** will try and sign Jimmy Neesham soon.:laugh:
I love to know the RCB chat behind the scenes

Random RCB coach "Think our bowling might be an issue again this year lads"

Vettori " Don't worry Colin De Grandhomme and Corey Anderson will sort this out, I wear glasses so I know what I am doing":laugh:
I get the impression that you're not a huge fan of big Dan. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
SRs need more batting support for their skipper. I'd bring Hales in for Nabi next game & probably bat him 3 since KW has such good momentum opening atm. If they can get B Kumar back, their bowling attack remains the best in the comp.
Dhawan, Williamson, Hales, Pandey and Shakib as top 5 gives such a strong look but somehow, the team management still doesn't realize that. They still have hacks like Saha, Hooda and Yusuf in top 4. Hooda, Yusuf and Rashid can be good hitters in end overs. Just push Saha to 8.