• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time New Zealand XI game

Days of Grace

International Captain
Mark Burgess

Chris Martin
Stephen Boock

Chris Martin definitely going to be selected for an XI about a level or two below his ability here, mainly because posters are worrying about his batting making the tail too long.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm. I've not been selecting Martin because I think there are better bowlers who deserve to be picked before him.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Hmm. I've not been selecting Martin because I think there are better bowlers who deserve to be picked before him.
Not sure how Lance Cairns was better than Chris Martin purely as a bowler, considering that Martin bowled in an era in which batsmen dominated, but we all have different opinions :-)

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure how Lance Cairns was better than Chris Martin purely as a bowler, considering that Martin bowled in an era in which batsmen dominated, but we all have different opinions :-)
In case that the XI needs some allrounderness, but there's no one else I'd rate Martin above as a bowler, and I'll be selecting Doull before him too.

Flem274*

123/5
Scott Styris (ryder should be Taylor's equal but wasted his career. Styris's average is hit big time by his last few series I think)
Tony MacGibbon (bit of a forgotten player but a good bowler)
Gary Bartlett (a shame he biffed, could have been quite a bowler for nz)
Chris Martin definitely going to be selected for an XI about a level or two below his ability here, mainly because posters are worrying about his batting making the tail too long.
never has an nz bowler played so many tests for so little return

was a brilliant talent on his day capable of running through everyone, but he had a very very long period of bowling defensively well outside off as a modus operandi. NZ have produced much better bowlers.

Mike5181

International Captain
Chris Martin just straight up wasted the new ball half the time. He had his moments, particularly some memorable ones against South Africa, but there's ten or so guys I've seen bowl for NZ that I'd pick before him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
New Zealand C XI
1 Graham Dowling
2 Bruce Edgar
3 John F Reid
4 Geoff Howarth
5 Jesse Ryder
7 Adam Parore+
8 Lance Cairns
9 Dick Motz
10 Frank Cameron