• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2018/19

SeamUp

International Coach
Paterson and both Khomari/Mgijima playing. Probably feel with Linde, Philander, Kleinveldt at 7,8,9 it should cover any short comings.

Pongolo and Lubbe playing. No Mosehle/Rapulana & Burger for Lions.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
How soft was that from J Malan ?

Besides the problems v spin I think he has technical issues v accurate fast-bowling too. Whilst he has got out the blocks compared to competitors I think there are others that could get more recognition down the line.

Bjorn Fortuin is growing as a character. Considering he bowls finger spin on the highveld he has subtle changes of pace that are brilliant. In 4-day cricket you could say only Kesh, Piedt are ahead of him. Limited overs cricket there is a dog fight for the ladder with Linde and Subrayen.

SeamUp

International Coach
Bedingham is an aggressive batsmen but 4-day cricket suits him better because his attacking aerial shots don't get punished like they do in limited overs cricket with ring fields and boundary riders.

Hopefully he learns with these opportunities that in situations like this he could have looked for 1s without trying to force things.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunate from both Bedingham and Verreynne looked good and then gave it away..... a bit more thought maybe needed.

SeamUp

International Coach
Reeza's chance to go one up and he doesn't take it. Been like this all summer.

Rickelton compared to QdK and you can see why. Such a natural 6-hitter. That 100 he got in MODC he hit something like six 6s.

Bahseph

State Captain
Genuinely think that Subrayen could do a job for us in T20is because he can literally bowl at any time, can field and is a six hitter. But that action makes me wince! And I'll always back my Durban boys.

SeamUp

International Coach
Good little innings from Rickelton there.
Lets make no qualms about it. Leg-side dominant when he scores runs but its more the fact how he put thie innings together including some perfectly weighted 2s and how he played spin.

SeamUp

International Coach
Genuinely think that Subrayen could do a job for us in T20is because he can literally bowl at any time, can field and is a six hitter. But that action makes me wince! And I'll always back my Durban boys.
CSA clearly helped him with his action issues but they still seem to stay away from him selection wise. Problem is he doesn't seem to get enough wickets. Very Botha like average. The way he bowled on Friday is how I like him too, slow in the air and if the pitch is gripping he gets massive turn and bounce.