• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2018/19

SeamUp

International Coach
Wow the Big Show still wanting to play cricket in our winter ? I guess if he didn't he could get bigger !

Pup Clarke - You're Scotland right ? I know Rory is a big Newcastle supporter so he would probably pop over the border for a few games.

SeamUp

International Coach
Dane Vilas' last game before he goes to Lancashire and is their new captain. What strikes me is the number of captain Saffers.

Heino Kuhn - Kent
Simon Harmer - Essex
Colin Ackermann - Leicestershire T20
Colin Ingram/Chris Cooke - Glamorgan
Wayne Madsen - Derbyshire

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Dolphins won the toss and bowling.

Pitch is shiny grey. Probably been watered a bit in prep to keep it together.

SeamUp

International Coach
Could have been a Bosch bro final.

3 away swingers to start for Eathan, goes for the in-swinger and Theunis straight drives him for 4. Quality cricket shot.

SeamUp

International Coach
Dupavillon has trapped de Bruyn plumb in front and he walks off saying not out immediately. That is joke umpiring.

Speed and accuracy. Great first over from Dupavillon.

I remember there was a great snap shot where Dupavillon pinned de Bruyn a few years ago. Could a be a good contest.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Matthew Arnold's 2nd franchise OD game at 30! Big call! But without Morris or Bosch what were their other options? Seemed they wanted a bowling all-rounder otherwise Thomson would have been a shout. Marcello Piedt acquired from SWD, Hawken, and Mothoa probably the other seaming options but clearly wanted some batting ability at 8 too...

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Seam Up - Yeah up in Scotland. We've had some high profile overseas during my time at the club (Badrinath and CDG noticably) but in terms of matchwinning ability he's right up there.
Will keep you updated on his progress. First league game only 4 weeks away!

SeamUp

International Coach
Pitch is a belter but great to see these two bat together like this.

Eathan Bosch's front shoulder drops too quickly. He will need to work on that with his speeds to get better consistency and he could possibly get quicker too.

SeamUp

International Coach
Also heard Theunis de Bruyn had lazer eye surgery a few weeks back to help for cricketing reasons.....

SeamUp

International Coach
Slower balls aren't working on this pitch, back of a length isn't working, short isn't working , spin is mixed (Kesh v Sen/Pren). Yorkers only answer. But Markram in this form... scary prospect for most bowlers.