• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Almost got in the Test squad for Australia v NZ at Brisbane 2011/12 but was pipped by Mitch Starc iirc.

Favourite memory of him was his batting in the one-day domestic comp a few years ago when he was hitting sixes for fun on the tiny NSW grounds they were being played on.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
It's all about me - Michael Clarke
That story just confirms every negative stereotype about Clarke put forward over the years; would respect him a bit more if he was just upfront about wanting to return to the Test team this summer instead of 'woah, media has blown this up' nonsense.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha yeah he's trying to paint his offer to help in any way he can as some sort of coaching/mentoring offer now, but he was clearly talking about playing given he said the following:

"I've never cared about age. Brad Hogg played at 45."

"I don't think it's about a number. I think it's about commitment and devotion."

"It's like getting back on a bike. I'm as fit and healthy as I've ever been."

"The time away has been great for my body."

Clearly not talking about mentoring Under 14s there.

brockley

International Captain
Aboriginal XI Men
5th June – Aboriginal XI v Marylebone CC @ Arundel Castle
7th June – Aboriginal XI v Surrey @ The Kia Oval
8th June – Aboriginal XI v Sussex @ The First Central County Ground
10th June – Aboriginal XI v Derbyshire @ 3aaa County Ground
12th June – Aboriginal XI v Nottinghamshire @ Loughborough

Aboriginal XI WomenFixtures
7th June – Aboriginal XI v Surrey @ The Kia Oval
8th June – Aboriginal XI v Sussex @ The First Central County Ground
10th June – Aboriginal XI v National Cricket Conference @ 3aaa County Ground
12th June – Aboriginal XI v ECB Academy @ Loughborough

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Almost got in the Test squad for Australia v NZ at Brisbane 2011/12 but was pipped by Mitch Starc iirc.

Favourite memory of him was his batting in the one-day domestic comp a few years ago when he was hitting sixes for fun on the tiny NSW grounds they were being played on.
It's incredible how much Cutting's bowling has fallen off over the last few years. He's pretty much the ideal T20 all rounder though.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That Aboriginal XI looks like a pretty handy squad. I must admit I didn't know Scott Boland was of indigenous ancestry though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeah he's trying to paint his offer to help in any way he can as some sort of coaching/mentoring offer now, but he was clearly talking about playing given he said the following:

"I've never cared about age. Brad Hogg played at 45."

"I don't think it's about a number. I think it's about commitment and devotion."

"It's like getting back on a bike. I'm as fit and healthy as I've ever been."

"The time away has been great for my body."

Clearly not talking about mentoring Under 14s there.
Not to mention mumbles about the ‘right person’ asking.

Actual jerk.

Starfighter

Oh the prospect of a UAE tour without Smith is joyous news. Can they just play Khawaja as opener? It'll be a joke if Maxwell doesn't play.

SeamUp

International Coach
Something says to me that Cartwright and maybe even Head will play themselves out of the A tour.

Would go with a top 6 like this for the A series.

Renshaw
Burns
Maxwell
Handscomb
Doran
Bailey/Ferguson

Gnske

Literally just missed a straight one in the first innings trying to go on a drive for autism or something.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So good hearing Renshaw make a ton.

I can confirm Cartwright was not bowled.
Saw some of the highlights briefly of Renshaw and some of his shots were very Hayden-esque. He just needs to gain about 30kg of solid muscle and he'll be the same bloke.