• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

brockley

International Captain
Former Redback and Blues 2nd xl batsmen Shane Deitz, qualified for Vanuatu who are in division 4,and he is their coach.:)

SeamUp

International Coach
With Smith and Warner looking to get no domestic ban it will effect contracting majorly. You would perhaps look for young talent to play with them instead of the older grade performer so your Uppal's, Sangha's, Edward's etc Still hope Burgey's lad can push Nevill - it would be great for the forum to have the father of an international one day :D

Just reading some other stuff that Brockley mentions with Fekete. Just read this on the situation :
Fek has made the call to head home to Victoria for family and outside of cricket interests. No deal in place with the Bushrangers as yet, in fact, he hasn't even told them about his decision.
Tassie also say that Doran wants to stay but Faulkner's future is less certain : Faulkner*future to be looked at | The Examiner

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know where to post this so here seems as good a place as any.

This generation of Australian cricket is in turmoil. I've been reflecting on why that is the case.

Since Rogers retired, we've had a revolving door of openers to partner Warner. This is mostly due to the traffic passing of Hughes.

Secondly, were it not for a hideous streak of injuries I genuinely believe that Chris Lynn would have cemented his place in the Australian test side by now. The guy is insanely talented and much like Warner his pathway to the test side would be through the shorter formats. He has a good first class record despite not playing for years.

Pattinson would easily be in our full strength side if he was not perennially injured.

How much better does this side look:

Warner
Hughes
Lynn
Smith
S Marsh
M Marsh
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Lyon

With two established openers and Lynn to come in at 3, that would be a batting side to be feared. Pattinson strengthens the bowling at batting and having the longer tail gets more runs out of Paine.

Starfighter

It would be nice if Haze went back to bowling like he did in 2016/17 rather than how he's been bowling this year. Pattinson when fit would be better either way, but I might take him over Starc rather than Haze.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It would be nice if Haze went back to bowling like he did in 2016/17 rather than how he's been bowling this year. Pattinson when fit would be better either way, but I might take him over Starc rather than Haze.
I'm not convinced. Haze 16/17 was seriously ****ing good.

Starfighter

I think a fit and in rhythm Patto is even better though. I really don't think he'll play another test sadly.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc can be wayward and frustrating at times but he's Australia's best pacer for me. Wins them at least one match every series off one deadly reverse swing spell. The others are more consistent but less destructive as well.

Pat Cummins really should have got the new ball in this match. Such a wasted opportunity to see how he'd go.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Just out of interest, is Mitchell Marsh a lock in at 6 for the test team? Aren't there any other players that could
play there seeing as he's not bowling enough to justify a place in the side as an allrounder.

stephen

Just out of interest, is Mitchell Marsh a lock in at 6 for the test team? Aren't there any other players that could
play there seeing as he's not bowling enough to justify a place in the side as an allrounder.
Yes, he's a lock based on his batting alone at the moment.

Especially given his potential with both bat and ball.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
We don't need 180 test wickets at 28 from him.

We need ten overs per 80 overs (i.e. new ball) that are a decent standard and apply some pressure.