• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

brockley

International Captain
Alex Ross hit 101 in the Darwin League,not much from the others,altho Tasmanian Aaron Summers in the wkts,Cam Bancroft failed twice.Stay tuned to Sunday.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Summers in the wickets, the bloke can bowl some serious heat on his day. Can't ever imagine him being an especially economical bowler with that action, but when he gets his line right he can beat pretty much anyone for pace.

brockley

International Captain
Justin Langer working with the A squad atm.
why are their not more A tours,than s Africa and India every year.We could play 12 months A games.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well i guess they would be expensive. And they need to keep most of the home season open for big bash and shield. And a lot of the players probably appreciate time off in the off season. But mostly just the costing a lot of money thing

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Well i guess they would be expensive. And they need to keep most of the home season open for big bash and shield. And a lot of the players probably appreciate time off in the off season. But mostly just the costing a lot of money thing
With all due respect, the costs of an A tour to a big 3 nation is a weak as piss excuse for not touring. CA just signed 1 billion dolllars from broadcasters. A billion!

BCCI have been proactive, as have the Lions, is Australia getting poor?

For NZC and SLC I hear you, for CA - this falls on deaf ears. Seriously (nothing personal TJB, your position is good for normal boards, but not for CA or Big 3).

I want more NZC A Tours put into the budget for poor NZC. CA has more than enough money, their FC players are on national NZC and SLC and SAC salaries are on national fulltime players.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

With all due respect, the costs of an A tour to a big 3 nation is a weak as piss excuse for not touring. CA just signed 1 billion dolllars from broadcasters. A billion!

BCCI have been proactive, as have the Lions, is Australia getting poor?

For NZC and SLC I hear you, for CA - this falls on deaf ears. Seriously (nothing personal TJB, your position is good for normal boards, but not for CA or Big 3).

I want more NZC A Tours put into the budget for poor NZC. CA has more than enough money, their FC players are on national NZC and SLC and SAC salaries and fulltime players.
Just speculating mate, calm down. I'll openly admit i know very little about it

brockley

International Captain
I thought at least we could have gone 2 England,with the Ashes and World Cup on.
BTW Alex Ross has danaged his knee will have an arthroscopy,out for 4-6 weeks.

Burgey

#Bertmentum with a 53 ball ton in the top end T20 today - 7 fours, 7 bombs. Scored 2/3 of the successful chase.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
#Bertmentum with a 53 ball ton in the top end T20 today - 7 fours, 7 bombs. Scored 2/3 of the successful chase.
Spoke one of Bert's Strike League teammates over facebook, apparently he was absolutely smoking them, sent a pacy Aaron Summers bouncer well over the boundaries.

About ready to jump on the #Bertmentum bandwagon.

TheJediBrah

Spoke one of Bert's Strike League teammates over facebook, apparently he was absolutely smoking them, sent a pacy Aaron Summers bouncer well over the boundaries.

About ready to jump on the #Bertmentum bandwagon.
Don't do that, it's only for genuine tossers