• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know about cricket-related reasons but just for quality of life even the best place in England couldn't hold a candle to the the worst place in Australia
This is actually true. Coober Pedy or Marble Bar > anywhere in the UK.

brockley

International Captain
Ex WA ace bowler Mathew Dixon who is allegedly on the books at Essex played for Durham last night,dunno if loan or he is released by Essex.He took 1 for 83 vs Derbyshire.
Yes checked on Durham website,he on loan to Durham,as other bowlers injured.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mentioned previously that Jnr has been selected in a local rep squad for next season and that the process was farcical

Anyway, we received an email during the week announcing that squad training commences next Saturday morning and everyone is expected to attend

I was so tempted to respond with “**** off idiot, they’re 12/13 yo kids and it’s footy season” but didn’t

Gnske

Cartwright taking more wickets in county while making **** all runs.

Truly anyone can play County.

Spikey

Hilton must be dreaming of the day he returns to a land where the typical ball bounces a mile over the stumps

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mentioned previously that Jnr has been selected in a local rep squad for next season and that the process was farcical

Anyway, we received an email during the week announcing that squad training commences next Saturday morning and everyone is expected to attend

I was so tempted to respond with “**** off idiot, they’re 12/13 yo kids and it’s footy season” but didn’t
Definitely increased since I played

I feel like a lot of this (future) pathways stuff is basically bull**** and creates jobs for the boys. Once they hit 15/16, let them play grade cricket. Sink or swim

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I don't know about cricket-related reasons but just for quality of life even the best place in England couldn't hold a candle to the the worst place in Australia
The mullet died out there in 1989; you guys have that on Sussex - I'll concede you that.

social

I feel like a lot of this (future) pathways stuff is basically bull**** and creates jobs for the boys. Once they hit 15/16, let them play grade cricket. Sink or swim
I could understand it at a higher age but it's too much for 12 yos

Having them focus on 1 sport all year round is ridiculous

Burgey

Yeah it's all a bit dumb at that age. Any wonder kids get burned out.

Last season when Burgeinho was under 16s they had about three weeks off in the off season, but tbf they were training for a UK tour in July for part of that. Grade practice kicks off 16 June this year with a 5 km run and some fitness stuff. Former NRL great Daniel Irvine is the club fitness coach, and let's just say he doesn't miss them.

TheJediBrah

Can't like this enough. Pathways programs are overused garbage IMO. The best young players will benefit more from playing with the men, and they best will succeed.

social

Yeah it's all a bit dumb at that age. Any wonder kids get burned out.

Last season when Burgeinho was under 16s they had about three weeks off in the off season, but tbf they were training for a UK tour in July for part of that. Grade practice kicks off 16 June this year with a 5 km run and some fitness stuff. Former NRL great Daniel Irvine is the club fitness coach, and let's just say he doesn't miss them.
If they said Sunday morning, I wouldn’t have an issue but they must know that kids are playing other sports and Saturday is the time for it

We’re talking 12/13 yo boys here

As you’d know, they struggle to put their pants on let alone decide upon which sport they are going to commit themselves to long term

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
it'd be classic nsw if we picked mad dog for the first shield game next year
Well if he's still hanging around the state he should absolutely be picked for the one dayers. Hopefully they don't make him open if they pick him in the Shield, but I can't see him picked early season otherwise.