• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Consolation: Man of the Match.

Loony BoB

International Captain
How often, if ever, is a man of the match awarded to someone on the losing team? Any examples?

While on the quick-question topic, does anyone know of an ODI where the openers were never dismissed, but the side they opened for still lost?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Inzy was man of the match in the first ODI against India, where Pakistan lost - and I think Sachin or Dravid was MoM in the second, where Pakistan won.

pakster

U19 12th Man
"Sachin's had lots of man of the match awards when India has lost..."

hmm, very interesting. If true, does that mean that sachin is not a match winner? and therefore not a great player? Surely to b great u must b a match winner!! :happy:

Come to think of it, in the last series against the mighty paks...sachin never played a match winning inngs. His century in the ODI was in a losing cause and his century in the first ODI wasnt really match winning, rather it was sehwag who won the match with his 309!!

peace :)

tooextracool

International Coach
pakster said:
"Sachin's had lots of man of the match awards when India has lost..."

hmm, very interesting. If true, does that mean that sachin is not a match winner? and therefore not a great player? Surely to b great u must b a match winner!! :happy:

Come to think of it, in the last series against the mighty paks...sachin never played a match winning inngs. His century in the ODI was in a losing cause and his century in the first ODI wasnt really match winning, rather it was sehwag who won the match with his 309!!
ok i think we've had enough of that for a while....if you're not satisfied then i suggest you check this out http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=7505

shankar

International Debutant
pakster said:
hmm, very interesting. If true, does that mean that sachin is not a match winner? and therefore not a great player? Surely to b great u must b a match winner!!
He's also won a lot more MOM awards when India have won. :p

Bouncer

State Regular
Sachins Best innings in a lost game was against Pak in Chenni test in 1999......I think either afridi (141 in secnod test match)or Saqlain (five wickets in each innings)should have been MOM in that game....

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
Tendulkar is a convicted ball tamperer, in other words a cheat.
I'm sure he is. A cheat and a choker. Should've been dropped years ago, or perhaps banned for cheating?

Scallywag

Banned
You have to wonder dont you, Indian bowlers come good after Tendulkar and Dravid are caught red handed cheating by altering the condition of the ball.

Deja moo

International Captain
Scallywag said:
You have to wonder dont you, Indian bowlers come good after Tendulkar and Dravid are caught red handed cheating by altering the condition of the ball.

Yeah...and the Aussies have obviously found a devious, cunning way to tamper with the ball while eluding detection all this time. I mean ,coz the aussie bowlers have been good for quite some years now, havent they?