• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Warner retirement thread

Flem274*

123/5
annoyingly i'm starting to feel pity for the aussie fans. speaking from bitter experience, watching your team tear itself apart off the field is the pits.

i'll be sad if it's warners last game too. he's a twit but i really like watching him bat.

Shri

Mr. Glass
What would Warner do if his wife left him eventually? All this could be called retaliation for qdk's dig in the beginning.:laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
annoyingly i'm starting to feel pity for the aussie fans. speaking from bitter experience, watching your team tear itself apart off the field is the pits.

i'll be sad if it's warners last game too. he's a twit but i really like watching him bat.
idk what you mean, this is hilarious to me

Flem274*

123/5
im also really surprised the bowlers didn't have a clue. did they even look at the ball? bowlers are known for being obsessive about keeping it away from random batsmen.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Good god, look everyone. Now we're getting pitied upon by our Kiwi brothers.

**** me this can't get any worse.

Spark

Global Moderator
im also really surprised the bowlers didn't have a clue. did they even look at the ball? bowlers are known for being obsessive about keeping it away from random batsmen.
it's worth remembering that the tampering didn't work at all

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Course they knew, just trying to cover their arses and save their skins by pinning the blame on others.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This does seem to fit nicely with the facts.

I mean take Warner out of this tour and the biggest scandal is that Rabada got off his suspension.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's possible they didn't know what exactly was being used to tamper the ball and thought what was happening to it was legal. Or thought the condition changing came from something else.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yes it's all hogwash. They all knew about it. Smith has to be saved so he can play v India etc, so Warner is the scape goat.

Flem274*

123/5
warner's a massive loss tbh. australia lack batsmen in general and world class openers are hard to come by. can't think of an opener currently playing i'd rather have than warner.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Good god, look everyone. Now we're getting pitied upon by our Kiwi brothers.

**** me this can't get any worse.
There's upside to this you know...The victim mentality card. Now I'll have a feeling of how all the lesser countries feel

Flem274*

123/5
it was quite good to read the other thread though and see some of the more insecure australian fans triggered reactions

anyway warner should open a sanding business upon retirement. honestly there is no better time to market sandpaper than right now.