• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Appropriate Punishment for Smith from CA

What punishment should Smith be handed out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't quite understand what's so significant (or funny) about this tbh. Not being your wife's first partner isn't that much of a big deal.
When the whole world knows exactly what, when and who your wife did it would be IMO

also it was SBW another famous sportsman

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is the Aus public really that unhappy or is this just media hype?
Nah people really are that pissed off. Australian cricket is a bit of a funny thing, where lots of people who don't even watch it at all still kind of follow it in a sort of jingoist way, as it's become part of the national identity. Ball-tampering is often seen of by this class of casual non-watchers as more or less just "something they do in inferior ****hole countries". The word "unaustralian" has been uttered many times in very removed takes on the whole saga.

The media has definitely tried to beat it up a bit, but they've basically been successful in those attempts. Obviously some people don't care, but a lot of people do, even if their extent of cricket-following is literally just following the results of the home summer games on the evening news.

That's not to say this isn't a big deal in a cricketing sense. It absolutely is. They cheated in a (poorly, but still) calculated and pre-meditated fashion, and those involved have shown they don't have the character to captain the side. But it really shouldn't be news outside of cricketing circles, and it absolutely is, due to the weird place cricket holds within Australian culture.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Can vouch for people in Aus being up in arms. Never seen anything cricket related get so much attention in this country in my time here.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I think he should be stripped... publicly and sandpaper applied to his balls

sorry what were we talking about?

Zinzan

As far as Warner's concerned, the whole world knowing and laughing about his wife's ***ual past is already punishment enough for anything he does IMO

Really feel for the guy. There's no escaping that.
I'd like to agree, but find it hard having sympathy for Dave Warner. He's just so incredibly unlikeable.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My favoured punishment for Smith would be to have to spend an English summer as Lancashire's overseas player

flibbertyjibber

Is a 6 month ban worth it as Australia play little to no cricket in that time. I say 3 test ban including the one this week and never to captain the side again.

As for IPL contract that should be up to his franchise but seeing as IPL is corrupt he will fit in perfectly.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Is a 6 month ban worth it as Australia play little to no cricket in that time. I say 3 test ban including the one this week and never to captain the side again.

As for IPL contract that should be up to his franchise but seeing as IPL is corrupt he will fit in perfectly.
Then let them make it a six months worth of international cricket ban.

TheJediBrah

Then let them make it a six months worth of international cricket ban.
Were we saying something about the calls for overly harsh punishments being largely from the non-cricket following public and not from people on here?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
As far as Warner's concerned, the whole world knowing and laughing about his wife's ***ual past is already punishment enough for anything he does IMO

Really feel for the guy. There's no escaping that.
I'd feel more sorry for her. She's married to David Warner. What awful sins did she commit to deserve such an atrocity? Seriously.