• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Australia contracts

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2018-19 CA men's contracts: Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine, Matthew Renshaw, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Billy Stanlake, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye.

OUT: Jackson Bird, Hilton Cartwright, James Pattinson, Steve Smith, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa
IN: Alex Carey, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kane is an odd one. I'm happy for him and I think it's a good call with NCN almost permanently crocked and it being a WC year, but they rarely seem to want to actually select him.

Definitely looks like the writing is on the wall for Zampa though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When are the NSW contracts announced for next season? They'll be pretty itstl. Warner and Smith both out for the year and Cowan and Bollinger retiring leaves a fair bit of space for some new faces.

Starfighter

I think NSW will certainly be looking to stock up on fast and fast-medium bowlers, going by last season's selection policy.

TheJediBrah

Finch and Maxwell need to be given shots in the Test side. At this stage the more similarity we get in the sides between the different forms of the game the better IMO.

Burgey

I think NSW will certainly be looking to stock up on fast and fast-medium bowlers, going by last season's selection policy.
no doubt banking on Moises cranking out 180 in one dig while scoring 230 for the season to justify the policy too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That was a great call whoever predicted Bird would miss out.

Re:Handscomb, I see selectors picked him over Burns, which I can understand.

Starfighter

Who's the second test opener going to be? If it's Burns then they clearly didn't consider it an important enough role to give him a contract. I wonder if one of Khawaja or SMarsh might do it? I wouldn't really have an objection to Khawaja opening considering he played by far his best innings there, although his form full stop is a worry.

It would ruin his placing on this table though: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...batting_average;template=results;type=batting

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Who's the second test opener going to be? If it's Burns then they clearly didn't consider it an important enough role to give him a contract. I wonder if one of Khawaja or SMarsh might do it? I wouldn't really have an objection to Khawaja opening considering he played by far his best innings there, although his form full stop is a worry.

At first I didn't read too much into Burns not being there, as I figured that even if he is considered first choice for now he'd be on such a short leash that not contracting would be justifiable, especially given it's a WC year.

But there are definitely some players there who aren't first choice in any format, so it's kind of weird IMO. Like they've pretty much contracted the Second XI bowling attack for the ODI side (it's not like Starc, Haze and Cummins won't be going to the World Cup..), but not someone who's (supposedly) in the first choice Test side. WC year or not, that's kind of odd if true IMO.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

It would ruin his placing on this table though: Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo
Seems silly not playing him as an opener when he's statistically and irrefutably the greatest opener of all time

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain

It would ruin his placing on this table though: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...batting_average;template=results;type=batting
Seems silly not playing him as an opener when he's statistically and irrefutably the greatest opener of all time
Inzy has an average of infinity......or is that just his waist-size.

SeamUp

International Coach
2018-19 CA men's contracts: Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine, Matthew Renshaw, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Billy Stanlake, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye.

OUT: Jackson Bird, Hilton Cartwright, James Pattinson, Steve Smith, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa
IN: Alex Carey, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye
World Cup year so had to go 20 with Carey, Finch, Agar, Head, K.Richardson, Stanlake, Stoinis, Tye getting into limited overs squads only at the moment.

No Bird and Sayers indicates looking to the future for fast bowling stocks. Jhye will debut next but go to wonder if they've been over protective of Stanlake ?