• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future of CW podcast

Bijed

International Regular
Just to let you know that I'm interested in restarting the podcast but am looking for someone to join me as for various reasons Howe_zat & ***** are unavailable to participate.

I don’t really have the technical knowhow to create and edit a podcast; I’ve done a solo one in the past but never a conversation-based one. I’ve downloaded an application that could make it possible but technical knowhow in podcast creation would be a plus.

Let me know if you’re interested in participating.
I don't think I'd be much good and I've never looked at the technical side of it before (think it's something I could probably get to grips with though), but I reckon I'd enjoy doing a podcast if you don't get a better offer.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just to let you know that I'm interested in restarting the podcast but am looking for someone to join me as for various reasons Howe_zat & ***** are unavailable to participate.

I don’t really have the technical knowhow to create and edit a podcast; I’ve done a solo one in the past but never a conversation-based one. I’ve downloaded an application that could make it possible but technical knowhow in podcast creation would be a plus.

Let me know if you’re interested in participating.
I don't really have much to offer other than encouragement, but I'll lay that out there anyway. I miss this, and I'd be really excited if it got off the ground again. Good luck!

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Me and bijed did a brief restart of the podcast today. There were some problems with it in that the sound quality isn't great as it's crackly and also seemed sped up on occasion. As well, the old Soundcloud account wasn't viable for multiple reasons so I've started it up at a new Podcast website which atm doesn't load on iTunes but is accessible online quite easily.

So while there are issues there it's better than nothing and hopefully the sound quality will improve when I learn more about the process.

This ep is located at https://cricketwebpodcast.podbean.com/

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is what robot voices sounded like in 90s tv shows. Other than that, I got to know Bijed is named Glen which has ruined the picture I had in my head.

Bijed

International Regular
Decent effort Marco and Glen - hope you get the crackle sorted out for next time
Cheers Fred :) Yeah, the crackle is a shame (and only an artifact of the recording, was no indication of it at the time). Speedup is weird too - we recorded 20+ minutes and it's ended up at about 14.

I'd like to say, to anyone who's thinking they might like to give podcasting a go that recording it was great fun (although tbf I didn't have to worry about the technical stuff as Marco did all that)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good effort guys. Shame about the speeding up but I'm sure it'll be sorted out. Looking forward to more.

Bijed

International Regular
People have reported not being able to listen without the Podbean app - not sure if they'll just need a different app anyway to listen on their phones (just requesting a desktop site help), but I've set up a new soundcloud account so we've effectively got a few more podcasts worth of free storage. Link here