• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Bangladesh XI game

a massive zebra

International Captain
Bangladesh A XI
1 Javed Omar
2 Shahriar Nafees
3 Mohammad Ashraful
4 Junaid Siddique
5 Nasir Hossain
7 Khaled Mashud+
8 Sohag Gazi
9 Tapash Baisya
10 Shahadat Hossain
11 Taijul Islam

Why did Gazi get dropped? He seems to have performed well against 3 of the 4 countries he has faced.
Didn't Enamul Haque jnr get two votes and Gazi only one? I thought you only had the authority to make selections on tied votes?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
All good. But now I am curious why you guys wanted Haque jnr over Gazi? The tail looks terrible now and as I mentioned before (but deleted) Gazi performed well against 3 of 4 opponents. Haque Jnr has done very well against the weaker teams he has played and been a real non-factor against the better teams.

Flametree

International 12th Man
And surely it's better to have an off-spin / left arm spin combo rather than two left arm orthodox...

Naeem Islam for the number 6 slot.

Robiul Islam
Jubair Hossain

a massive zebra

International Captain
All good. But now I am curious why you guys wanted Haque jnr over Gazi? The tail looks terrible now and as I mentioned before (but deleted) Gazi performed well against 3 of 4 opponents. Haque Jnr has done very well against the weaker teams he has played and been a real non-factor against the better teams.
Well two of the three teams Gazi performed well against were Zimbabwe and West Indies, against whom Enamul was arguably even more successful. Gazi has a respectable record against only one top 7 team, New Zealand, but he played just 2 Tests against them. Also, Enamul Haque arguably played in a weaker attack without the support of the army of passable spinners that Bangladesh have developed in recent years. However, I take your point about the tail looking terrible with Enamul over Gazi who has a Test century and a first class average over 30, so I'm going to change my vote.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
AMZ has updated his pick to Gazi who wins by 1 (and I would have voted him too).

This is the official A team.

Bangladesh A XI
1 Javed Omar
2 Shahriar Nafees
3 Mohammad Ashraful
4 Junaid Siddique
5 Nasir Hossain
7 Khaled Mashud+
8 Sohag Gazi
9 Tapash Baisya
10 Shahadat Hossain
11 Taijul Islam

cnerd123

likes this
I was going to throw in a vote for Aminul Islam for a middle order slot in the A team. I suppose he could slot in at 6

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh A XI
1 Javed Omar
2 Shahriar Nafees
3 Mohammad Ashraful
4 Junaid Siddique
5 Nasir Hossain
6 Naeem Islam
7 Khaled Mashud+
8 Sohag Gazi
9 Tapash Baisya
10 Shahadat Hossain
11 Taijul Islam

Bangladesh B XI
10 Robiul Islam
11 Enamul Haque jnr

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Name the Bangladesh A XI captain

- Name the Bangladesh B XI's openers
- Name the Bang B teams wicket keeper
- Name a spinning option for the Bangladesh B XI

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh A XI
1 Javed Omar
2 Shahriar Nafees
3 Mohammad Ashraful
4 Junaid Siddique
5 Nasir Hossain
6 Naeem Islam
7 Khaled Mashud*+
8 Sohag Gazi
9 Tapash Baisya
10 Shahadat Hossain
11 Taijul Islam

Bangladesh B XI
1 Al Sahariar
2 Liton Das+
9 Abdur Razzak
10 Robiul Islam
11 Enamul Haque jnr

I'm really not a fan of having your Test keeper open the batting but there you go.