• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "What a catch" Richie Benaud Memorial Medal.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Another recap. Loads of contenders now. By the way can anyone tell me the trick to posting youtube videos on here?

FTR I have personally nominated Williamson's catch in Auckland. The catch that inspired this thread. It hilarious how often the commentators actually say "what a catch" in most of these videos. Will keep nominations open for a little while longer. Some more WK catches or c&b's would be nice. Also we could use some more T20 stuff, either domestic or international. Jordan Silk's name is coming to mind.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnny Dyson's catch is so overrated & overhyped it's not funny. He did well running back after initially misjudging it slightly. They wouldn't replay that catch more than once or twice if it happened today.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not that I am nominating a particular one from this but this is the best thread for the pearler by Robelinda

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, so I'm now going to open up the vote for those that are interested. I'll leave it floating around for the next couple of weeks & give the thread a bump from time to time.

Basically the vote will be split into two sections. Firstly, I'll ask you to vote on the Benaud Memorial Medal itself, which will operate on a 3, 2, 1, voting process. The second phase will be all about catches by position. Feel free to just simply c+p the template I have provided.

---

Benaud Memorial Medal (open to any category)

3 votes:
2 votes:
1 vote:

-

ATG catches by position (one catch per position only)

ATG WK catch:
ATG slips/gully catch:
ATG infield catch:
ATG ouitfield catch:
ATG c&b:

Please send your votes to whatacatchCW@gmail.com.

Also note, if you are voting for a player which has been nominated more than once, please be sure to include the applicable number next to their name to avoid confusion. The vote is now live!

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again, here is the list of nominees.

Last edited:

vcs

Can we add Gary Kirsten catching Sachin Tendulkar for slip/gully ?

All the South Africans were on a crusade to take incredible catches from Sachin in that series. Kirsten, Jonty Rhodes on a couple of occasions and Adam Bacher.

OverratedSanity

All the South Africans were on a crusade to take incredible catches from Sachin in that series. Kirsten, Jonty Rhodes on a couple of occasions and Adam Bacher.
That crazy Donald inswinger that Sachin copped was in the same series too wasn't it?

vcs

That crazy Donald inswinger that Sachin copped was in the same series too wasn't it?
Yeah. Airplane celebration in Durban I think, after he'd hit a couple of fours earlier in the over.

Azhar-Sachin partnership in Cape Town in that series was peak level batsmanship and utter toilet commentary (Charu Sharma and Mohinder Amarnath).

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Trevor Barsby is wrong
Ricky Ponting (2) has no 6:05. Length of video is 6:01

Edit: Ricky Ponting video is fine

Last edited: