• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "What a catch" Richie Benaud Memorial Medal.

SeamUp

International Coach
Jonty Rhodes's standard was so far ahead of his time it was ridiculous.

I vaguely remember one where he jumped, parried the ball up goal-keeper style, got up off the ground and managed to take it. Blew my mind.
He did that a couple of times but the one that stands out was 1999 World Cup against England. Can't remember who but Robert Croft seems to come to mind.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

And this is only the second best catch by a big boy in international cricket.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
A few more confirmed nominations then.

Roger Harper

'AJ Lamb c Harper b Marshall' Perth, 1987
In contention for: ATG ODI catch, ATG infield catch
Nominated by: andruid
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpuneqImXeM

Jonty Rhodes (2)

'RDB Croft c Rhodes b Klusener' The Oval, 1999
In contention for: ATG ODI catch, ATG infield catch
Nominated by: SeamUp
Link: Jumping Jonty Rhodes Awesome Catch Wc 1999 - England Vs South Africa [Yutube.PK] - Video Dailymotion

Paul Collingwood

'RT Ponting c Collingwood b Anderson' Perth, 2010
In contention for: ATG Test catch. ATG slips/gully catch
Nominated by: Adders
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6fcko3knok

There have also been some more mentions of other great catches, if anyone could dig up some info/links to these that'd be great.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

I remember watching this as a kid and I was a massive SWaugh fan in those days.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Restricted to mobile use only for the next few days, so I will update all of the most recent nominations then and probably commence the voting process shortly thereafter.

If anyone has anymore catches they'd like to nominate, by all means, feel free. A couple of categories which could use some more nominations are ATG c&b and ATG WK catch.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best wicketkeeper catch I've ever seen is the first one in this video off Underwood's bowling. Absolutely unreal reflexes.

cnerd123

likes this
Man I wanna nominate some but I'm going to have to trawl through youtube to find them.

There was one Collingwood took in an ODI against Aus before the 2005 Ashes that was pretty great. Then there are several of those caught-at-boundary, falling-over-boundary, throw-it-back-in, jump-back-into-play, take-the-catch style catches that are worth nominating.