• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time West Indies XI game

Days of Grace

International Captain
Can’t change my vote now, but if I could, I may have gone Holding over Garner as the third quick. Garner and Ambrose are very similar and an attack of

Marshall - all the skills
Ambrose - height and bounce
Holding - pure speed
Gibbs - spin and in his prime could go through any side of conditions suited
Sobers - donkey work seam or spin

looks very balanced.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
West Indies XI
1 Gordon Greenidge
2 Conrad Hunte
3 George Headley
4 Brian Lara
5 Viv Richards
6 Garry Sobers
7 Jeff Dujon+
8 Malcolm Marshall
9 Joel Garner
10 Curtly Ambrose
11 Lance Gibbs

Gibbs kicks ahead to surpass Holding. Ftr I would go Holding as the first change over Garner definitely.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Name the West Indies captain

- Name 1 opening batter for the WI A XI
- Name the WI A number 3 and 4 batsman
- Name the new ball pairing

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That reputation comes mainly from that one dumb declaration doesn't it?
Yeah but I don't think the rest of his record inspires confidence. tbf I don't know much about either of their captaincy careers, but I don't think Viv would make a fatal mistake like that. Most captains wouldn't.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sobers was trying to win a Test series when he made 'That Declaration' - he was a great gambler and that was one he lost - I'd still pick him as skipper over Richards without hesitation

Haynes
Weekes
Walcott
Holding
Sylvers

Flametree

International 12th Man
Headley for skipper

Desmond Haynes

Rohan Kanhai (he did play over 2/3 of his tests at 3 unlike the others mentioned so far, and averaged 52 in that position)
Everton Weekes

Michael Holding
Andy Roberts

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Richards

Desmond Haynes

Frank Worrell
Everton Weekes

Michael Holding
Andy Roberts