• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sledging is an art I feel.

Langeveldt

Soutie
twctopcat said:
I want to agree but then again wasn't Mcgrath's wife being treated for cancer at the time? I know Mcgrath was wrong but Sarwan's reply went perhaps a bit too far if she was.
I think she was.. That was probably why McGrath totally and understandably flipped...

However didnt Sarwan lose his childhood sweetheart to a car crash not that long ago?? I may be wrong, but if so it was hardly the time to be thundering in calling him a c***sucker

Scallywag

Banned
Langeveldt said:
I think she was.. That was probably why McGrath totally and understandably flipped...

However didnt Sarwan lose his childhood sweetheart to a car crash not that long ago?? I may be wrong, but if so it was hardly the time to be thundering in calling him a c***sucker

neil Pickup said:
McGrath: Hey, what does Brian Lara's c--k taste like?
Sarwan: I don't know, ask your wife?
McGrath: If you ever f---ing mention my wife again, I will f---ing rip your f--ing throat out.

Whos lying?.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Scallywag said:
Whos lying?.
Looks to me like both posts tell the same story.

"Hey, what does Brian Lara's c--k taste like?" kind of implies "calling him a c***sucker".

Fairly basic biology.

Nonetheless, I'm not liking where this is headed.. Short Leash!

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
And financially ruin themselves, yeah good idea that.
So in effect what youre saying is that UCBSA wanted the money, MIke deness wanted his ego intact , ICC wanted theirs inflated, and India should have shut up in the face of such discrimination ?

Scallywag

Banned
orangepitch said:
So in effect what youre saying is that UCBSA wanted the money, MIke deness wanted his ego intact , ICC wanted theirs inflated, and India should have shut up in the face of such discrimination ?
Discrimination, what the hell are you talking about, it was simply not being able to accept the umpires decision. Poor sportsmanship and selfishness nothing else.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
If it weren't for the Indian players actions, it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I personally don't see how the UCBSA can be blamed for the BCCI refusing to accept a decision by the referee.
Well, I have never said that Indian players were not guilty. They Were Guilty of Over appealing but not SLEDGING or Racial abuse.

Is it really that hard to understand ?? 8-)

UCBSA refuased to follow ICC decision for money and became responsible in this whole issue.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Discrimination, what the hell are you talking about, it was simply not being able to accept the umpires decision. Poor sportsmanship and selfishness nothing else.
Why dont you name a Single Indian Player who refused to accept the Umpire's any decision ??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
orangepitch said:
So in effect what youre saying is that UCBSA wanted the money,
Their hand was forced - couldn't afford to refuse to play India because of the money they'd have lost.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Looks to me like both posts tell the same story.

"Hey, what does Brian Lara's c--k taste like?" kind of implies "calling him a c***sucker".

Fairly basic biology.

Nonetheless, I'm not liking where this is headed.. Short Leash!

Hehehe, thanks Neil for clearing that one up for us :D

Spetsnatz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sanz said:
Well, I have never said that Indian players were not guilty. They Were Guilty of Over appealing but not SLEDGING or Racial abuse.

Is it really that hard to understand ?? 8-)

UCBSA refuased to follow ICC decision for money and became responsible in this whole issue.
Denness' whole charge was ludicrous in the first place. The South African players were equally guilty of 'excessive appealing' as the Indians in that particular game, yet he didn't bat an eyelid with respect to them.