• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where have you watched international cricket?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have been to multiple internationals at the SCG.

Watched a BBL match at Stadium Australia.

cnerd123

likes this
Jealous of all you guys. All I've managed to watch cricket at is Abu Dhabi stadium and Mission Road in HK

Saw a friendly game at Sharjah stadium too when I was little once.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Gabba, the perfect experience.

I'll also count the Warks vs Middlesex FC match at Lords, just on the basis of the ticket price.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Gabba, Adelaide Oval and the SCC (Stephen's comfy couch).

Been to the MCG a few times but never while a match is on.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tests
Basin Reserve, Harare Sports Club, Queens Sports Club (Bulawayo)

ODI's & T20's only
Cake tin, Eden Park

Flametree

International 12th Man
Basin Reserve - Wellington
Seddon Park - Hamilton
Eden Park - Auckland
Hagley Oval - Christchurch
Lancaster Park (think it might have been Jade Stadiulm at the time) - Christchurch
University Oval - Dunedin

Adelaide Oval

Lords
The Oval
Edgbaston
Old Trafford.

SeamUp

International Coach
I'm bog standard. I haven't watched any cricket outside my home province when I have left it. Maybe plan a trip for next years world cup now !

So for me it is just Newlands and Boland Park.

Newlands many many games.

Boland Park just a few domestic limited overs.

J_C

U19 Captain
Just the 2 games at the Wankhede:

Tendulkar's farewell Test and the Test vs England in 2016.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Some of you guys have the life!

Me, I've only seen cricket at the G and I've never been impressed with it, but then again, I hate crowds. I Would love to watch at that Indian ground, last series, with the mountain. Also the South African one with the mountain and after the last test, I think I could go for that ground with the band too. Any England ground would be great to watch cricket at, to experience the Barmy Army in all their glory as well as any West Indian ground where they play those tin drums. In fact, to be honest, I'd love to watch cricket at any ground that is not the G, because that means I am on holidays :)

Chubb

International Regular
Lord’s (Eng v Aus 2005, Eng v Pak 2006)
Basin Reserve (NZ-India, NZ-England, NZ-Sri Lanka, NZ-Bangladesh, NZ-West Indies)
Westpac Stadium (NZ-West Indies, NZ-England twice)
Eden Park (Zim - Ind)
Seddon Park (Zim-SA)
University Oval, Dunedin (NZ-SA)
Queen’s Park, Invercargill (Women’s T20)

Lord’s is great but I don’t like the elitism. My grandad was an MCC member which meant I was very lucky, but as a state comprehensive kid from Devon I always felt uncomfortable and self-conscious. It can be an unwelcoming place. In addition, I was there for the first day of the 2005 Ashes when there was a bombing attempt on the tube, which made the journey home a nightmare.

I love the Basin. It’s the best ground in the world and I was fortunate to live less than 2 minutes walk from it for a year. Westpac and Eden Park are meh though I’ve been in both when full for World Cup games and the atmosphere is pretty good. Seddon Park was fun because it was the World Cup and there was lots going on. The University Oval is pretty but it was bloody freezing when I went, and Queen’s Park is a nice ground but obviously not really an international one.

On a visit to Hong Kong last year I intended to watch HK v Nepal in an ODI at Tin Kwong Road but it was cancelled due to a typhoon warning, a source of disappointment to me and relief to my partner.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Tests: Basin Reserve (loads), Eden Park (way back), MCG (2 tests).

ODIs & T20s: Basin Reserve and Westpac Stadium, Eden Park, Seddon Park.

I have watched games at Lords and SCG but weren't internationals.

Basin definitely my favourite.