• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Trial of Ben Stokes

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The trial.

V The Indians is not the ''Ashes'' I'm afraid! It will barely get a mention, especially in a World Cup summer.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still can't believe Alex Hales hasn't been charged with anything, assuming he's the bloke in the video who sinks the slipper into the fella on the deck.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If found guilty, the victim should be allowed to punch Stokes to call it even.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I still can't believe Alex Hales hasn't been charged with anything, assuming he's the bloke in the video who sinks the slipper into the fella on the deck.
Yip - weirdest thing in the whole thing. Hales must have the best lawyer in the world.

thierry henry

International Coach
I just know he's going to either be found not guilty or receive some slap on the wrist sentence and it honestly disgusts me because we've all seen exactly what he did and anyone who does what he did deserves a non-inconsequential chunk of jail time imo.

I don't want to open up a can of worms or take the discussion off-track but suffice to say it pisses me off generally that when it's one bloke whacking another bloke, no-one really takes it seriously. They should. He could have killed that bloke and as it is, he obviously hurt him pretty badly.

I never say stuff like this btw- I usually roll my eyes when I hear complaints about "the justice system" and come to the defence of the process and usually the outcome. This one really bothers me though because what he did is pretty much indisputable and in my opinion indefensible and ought to be taken more seriously.