• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time India XI game

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder when will Irfan Pathan get picked. The guy has a decent looking test career. 100 wickets in 29 tests with 7 fivers and 2 ten-fers to go with 6 fifties and 1 hundred.

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
I wonder when will Irfan Pathan get picked. The guy has a decent looking test career. 100 wickets in 29 tests with 7 fivers and 2 ten-fers to go with 6 fifties and 1 hundred.
He has a ghastly bowling average against non-minnows.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He has a ghastly bowling average against non-minnows.
Yep, don't think I've ever seen a clearer example of minnow bashing.

39 wickets against Zim/Ban at around 11 a piece in 4 games.

Averages 45 against the rest.

cnerd123

likes this
Play well against Minnows - get **** on for being a minnow basher
Play badly against Minnows - your team probably loses to said minnows

No winning with you guys

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel free to think Pathan was a good test bowler.

You'd be wrong but by all means go ahead.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remember when he took a hattrick in the first over in that test against Pakistan and we all thought India might have a Wasim Lite on their hands.

Then India lost that test and he lost the plot. Ironically because Wasim ruined him (supposedly).

Good times.

sunilz

International Regular
Ajit Agarkar: Won India test match in Adelaide 2003
Irfan Pathan: Won India test match in Perth 2008(Was MOTM)

So 2 of the most rubbish fast bowlers have won us test match in Australia.

Is Hardik Pandya next ?

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Ajit Agarkar: Won India test match in Adelaide 2003
Irfan Pathan: Won India test match in Perth 2008(Was MOTM)

So 2 of the most rubbish fast bowlers have won us test match in Australia.

Is Hardik Pandya next ?
Ishant Sharma won us a test in Lords, Sreesanth in Johannesberg

How many mediocre fast bowlers have won overseas Tests for India?

srbhkshk

International Captain
I thought we weren't supposed to ignore minnow numbers. If you can't subtract them from Murali or Sachin or Sanga's records you can't do it with pathan either.
I don't mind adding the minnow record, but the non-minnow record shouldn't be crap on it's own. When are we gonna select RP Singh btw?

Flametree

International 12th Man
This order of selecting sides is messing with my selection. I probably would pick Pathan here, but only if I knew Lala Amarnath was also going to be picked at 6, giving India 3 genuine seamers (and a 6-8 of Amarnath, Saha and Pathan is pretty good, particularly if Jadeja gets picked as the second spinner).

If there are only going to be two seam bowlers picked then I don't think Pathan is good enough...

Ghavri
Mo. Shami

Rahane
Sardesai