• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kohli the saviour of Test cricket ....

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Have you spent much time in England? It's not surprising they need to steal things. Horrid place.

I used to think it was just a meme that they are all ugly, but just spend some time there and you'll see it's not. The less said about the food the better. Weather not even worth mentioning.

For some reason they just have a lot of money in the cricket scene, and they can offer overseas players generous amounts to go over there
And you wonder why everybody hates Australians?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And you wonder why everybody hates Australians?
Don't lump all Australians in with me. That's not fair on them.

Anyway I didn't mean any disrespect, just being honest. If anything take it as a compliment; I'm impressed with your resilience living in a place like that. I couldn't.

OverratedSanity

Test cricket's great and all but the fact that cricket has 3 formats which are so distinct and require such different skills is something pretty awesome which not many other sports have.

S.Kennedy

Don't lump all Australians in with me. That's not fair on them.

Anyway I didn't mean any disrespect, just being honest. If anything take it as a compliment; I'm impressed with your resilience living in a place like that. I couldn't.
Why is practically the whole of Australia working behind a bar here then (or swelling the ranks of Gloucestershire Cricket Club)? One cannot buy a beer from someone without an Australian accent here.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Have you spent much time in England? It's not surprising they need to steal things. Horrid place.

I used to think it was just a meme that they are all ugly, but just spend some time there and you'll see it's not. The less said about the food the better. Weather not even worth mentioning.

For some reason they just have a lot of money in the cricket scene, and they can offer overseas players generous amounts to go over there

Really? Horrid Place? In what way is the 5th/6th richest Economy in the world a horrid place convict?
Food is from all over the world, even the smallest of towns have a huge variety of international restaurants as England is a multicultural country ... so you hate all food from all countries?

Weather is pffffft cant argue with that, but London and down south often hits 30 degrees in summer.

S.Kennedy

If national posturing and gormless xenophobia were the criteria to assess the excellence of one's nation, Australia would come out on top.

Burgey

Why is practically the whole of Australia working behind a bar here then (or swelling the ranks of Gloucestershire Cricket Club)? One cannot buy a beer from someone without an Australian accent here.
Lol go to any pub in a sizeable coastal area in Australia and if it’s not a Pom serving you a drink it’s a kiwi

Burgey

Really? Horrid Place? In what way is the 5th/6th richest Economy in the world a horrid place convict?
Food is from all over the world, even the smallest of towns have a huge variety of international restaurants as England is a multicultural country ... so you hate all food from all countries?

Weather is pffffft cant argue with that, but London and down south often hits 30 degrees in summer.
It’s pretty grim. And tbh the fresh food isn’t that great. Ever had a fruit salad, for example, in England? Depressing as the weather.

TheJediBrah

Probably because it's the dregs of the country that go over there and have to work ****ty jobs? I don't know. The reverse is also true here btw. You're not making a valid point here.

calm down boyo, don't take it personally. As I said I respect you guys for living there.

cnerd123

likes this
Of course England is a ****** place to live. That's why they built boats and went around conquering the rest of the world. There is a reason why native Jamaicans didn't colonise the whole planet. Geez.

S.Kennedy

Of course England is a ****** place to live. That's why they built boats and went around conquering the rest of the world. There is a reason why native Jamaicans didn't colonise the whole planet. Geez.
You do realise that without the British Empire they'd be no Hong Kong T20 Blitz? Firstly they'd be no international cricket. Secondly, they'd be no Hong Kong?

Athlai

Not Terrible
You do realise that without the British Empire they'd be no Hong Kong T20 Blitz? Firstly they'd be no international cricket. Secondly, they'd be no Hong Kong?
Not to mention 'native' Jamaicans were actually a group of people who did colonise a pretty wide area.

Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico

Daemon

Yes we should all be grateful for the British. Thanks for colonising us.

Give us the ****ing kohinoor back.

cnerd123

likes this
Not to mention 'native' Jamaicans were actually a group of people who did colonise a pretty wide area.

Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico
All nicer places to live in than Jamaica, may I add, thus strengthening my point

S.Kennedy

Yes we should all be grateful for the British. Thanks for colonising us.

Give us the ****ing kohinoor back.
You've mentioned this before and I do not know what it even is, but if I ever come across it I'm sure I'll pass it on.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
You've mentioned this before and I do not know what it even is, but if I ever come across it I'm sure I'll pass it on.
jfc not only do they go and steal one of the largest diamonds on the planet from us, but then they don't even tell their people they have it.

****ing British man

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jfc not only do they go and steal one of the largest diamonds on the planet from us, but then they don't even tell their people they have it.

****ing British man
Surely if stealing has been involved you should be looking to Australia, not Britain?