• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What a good idea!

Craig

World Traveller
Personally walking in front of the sight screens when the ball is about to be bowled is a really inconsiderate thing to the cricketers.

People see that the ball is about to be bowled or is in the middle of the over, yet it never occurs to them to wait until the over is complete.

It's simple logic.

I was writing it from a cricketer out in the middle prespective and as a TV spectator.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Wait a second, how do those screens stop people walking in front of the screens? They are to create better seating as far as I can tell... :huh:
If they appear white to the players, if someone walks in front of them (security guard, photographer ect) its going to have the same effect as the old screens...

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
I guess because people walk in front of the sight-screens so that they don't miss any of the action. Now they can walk behind them and still see everything. Sometimes it's not just people walking in front of them, but actually going and sitting in front of them. Now those idiots can go and sit behind them.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
So your sightscreens arn't on the fence then?
I dont know about the rest of Australia, but they are at the WACA. No one can sit in front of them.

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
No, not at Newlands, nor at any of the other cricket grounds I've been too. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a sight-screen on the fence. It makes sense for them to be there for the reasons you said, so I don't know why that is.

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Tendulkar will be be very happy
Why's that? Does he blame his choking on people walking in front of sight-screens while he's batting? ;)

Sehwag309

Banned
DJ Bumfluff said:
Why's that? Does he blame his choking on people walking in front of sight-screens while he's batting? ;)
Good one
This would be a nice reply to toextracool BTW, no coz he is the who complains abt sightscreens more than anyone

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I have seen it at Headingly that they have warden's preventing people from walking in front of the sight screen during the overs. They then let people walk in between overs.

Now this is a good idea.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hahaha.. the guys at Somerset are too busy hiring the latest Middlesex 2nd XI star (or aussie captain lol)
Actually i dont think there is any space to put a sightscreen, so they just drape a cloth rather haphazardly over the stand...