• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lever of Lancashire

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not quite Dave - I managed to get a phone number for him when I was writing this and when he answered my call said he was in a shop and asked me to call back later, which I did a few times but sadly he never picked up

I did mention in our brief conversation that I wanted to ask him about the pension, so I hope his not answering was because, as I suggest in the article, he did get some sort of settlement, with a confidentiality agreement

Also wanted to ask him why his nickname was 'Plank' - all I've found out on that one is that it wasn't the same reason Richard Ellison had it