• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait why the hell is he captain
Because he's a big star, big star. Huge star.

Good on Scotland for overcoming Afghanistan though

I wonder how fast the ICC would commit mass suicide if Afghanistan and West Indies somehow didn't manage to qualify. Unlikely, but I really hope it happens.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thats a big blow for Afghanistan. Full credit to the scots though who is missing arguably rheir best bowler Davey. Agree with the others, Rashid should not be captain.

SeamUp

International Coach
Grrrrrrrrrrr
You could see it happening. Zimbabwe supporters were actually excited Zhuwao was picked but to be honest IT wouldn't surprise me if the cameo v Nepal is all he did.

Didn't Sean Williams injure his hand ? Think they reckon Super 6s is when he is back. Be mad to pick him and then not play him.

SeamUp

International Coach
Saffer and long serving Scot player Preston Mommsen will be distraught he has retired.

Good to see Brad Wheal leading the attack though. Still quite young.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You could see it happening. Zimbabwe supporters were actually excited Zhuwao was picked but to be honest IT wouldn't surprise me if the cameo v Nepal is all he did.

Didn't Sean Williams injure his hand ? Think they reckon Super 6s is when he is back. Be mad to pick him and then not play him.
They used 14 players in their warmup and Williams was the only one they didn't use, so yeah I suspect he's not available due to that injury.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thats a big blow for Afghanistan. Full credit to the scots though who is missing arguably rheir best bowler Davey. Agree with the others, Rashid should not be captain.
The result of this game just made me even sadder for the fact that only ten teams will be at the WC proper, more than any other emotions for Scotland of Afghanistan. Sucks so much.

I actually really hope the West Indies miss out. Not because I have ill-will towards their side, but because it'd make the ICC look stupid for the decision they've made with this.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Calum MacLeod said:
"Early on in that innings he bowled me a couple of variations and from that I felt the sweep was the best option to go with if I could manage to pick his googly. I wanted to put pressure back on him while respecting how good a bowler that he is
What a novel idea. I think more batsmen might succeed against Rashid and other leg-spinners if they try this rather esoteric strategy.

TimCutler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Will be doing my own power ranking throughout the tournament for those keen. No surprises who's on top: http://bit.ly/2I6q8EO

PNG struggling, Netherlands need to turn it around pronto and Scoltand have blown the event wide open!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
How much could it possibly cost to set up a camera at each end with a live feed of it hosted on a website somewhere? Or to hire a small camera crew to cover the match? We don't need Dean Jones or fancy TV Overlays. We just want to be able to see the game. Do you think if we started a gofundme or kickstarter that the ICC can maybe then afford it?

TimCutler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How much could it possibly cost to set up a camera at each end with a live feed of it hosted on a website somewhere? Or to hire a small camera crew to cover the match? We don't need Dean Jones or fancy TV Overlays. We just want to be able to see the game. Do you think if we started a gofundme or kickstarter that the ICC can maybe then afford it?
Already spoken with them. They will not put out an "inferior product" for a global event. I suggested a phone / camera attachment / battery pack and facebook live!

cnerd123

likes this
Aizaz opening the batting for HK! Bold move. He's been in great form tho.

Three spinners for HK today too. Good looking lineup.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure whom to root for, Zim or Afg. I want both of them to qualify from this tournament as finalists.

cnerd123

likes this
Afghanistan all over Zim here

Solid start from HK, hope they kick on to a big score

Gayle's started to go boom, which is a bad sign for UAE

PNG struggling against Ireland too

cnerd123

likes this
Haha, but no product is fine?! :laugh:
Rather than shine a dim light on Associate cricket, it's better to shine no light at all.

A more sinister interpretation of the ICC's stance is that they think the cricket itself will be the 'inferior' product, and so would rather not put it out there for people to watch...

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It sucks because I'd be more interested in watching this than most ****ty international games they show on Foxtel these days. It's more interesting with teams and players you haven't seen much of before.

cnerd123

likes this
Oh no, Nizakat and Aizaz out within the space of a few balls.

Brings in Babar and Anshuman. Need the two of them to bat deep from here.