• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Nidahas Tri-Series T20I Trophy 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't argue with that. Unadkat just made about 12% of Sri Lanka's GDP in that last auction so for him to get hammered by them is pretty embarrassing.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol India have an IPL as well, but still look at those pies thrown by Unadkat and Thaakur.

They obviously need their best team, to beat SL, despite having 10 years of IPLs, better infrastructure, being mentored by quality coaches, getting to bowls at world class players.

Whereas SL have the least facilities, and don't have a prominent T20 tournament.Even if we do the names change from Colombo Commandoes,Basanahira Cricket Dundees.We still end up winning with all the fk all facilities.Here are some whingiing about a B team when 5 of their prominent players are not playing, despite having 50x times the population of Sri Lanka.
Yeah the whinging is getting tiresome at this stage.

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man
First of all senior definitely needed a break so can't argue that why they didn't play. I think Shardul Thakur bowled fairly good vs South Africa and vs Sri Lanka too if you forget his game changing over. Rohit is inexperienced captain he should not have removed Unadkat after just 1 over. How good or bad these new players may have been in IPL, playing for a country has its own pressure. I believe they realise how important this series if for their own career, and hence will put a good show in future.

TheJediBrah

Lol India have an IPL as well, but still look at those pies thrown by Unadkat and Thaakur.

They obviously need their best team, to beat SL, despite having 10 years of IPLs, better infrastructure, being mentored by quality coaches, getting to bowls at world class players.

Whereas SL have the least facilities, and don't have a prominent T20 tournament.Even if we do the names change from Colombo Commandoes,Basanahira Cricket Dundees.We still end up winning with all the fk all facilities.Here are some whingiing about a B team when 5 of their prominent players are not playing, despite having 50x times the population of Sri Lanka.
Yeah when you put it that way an India Z side should still be better than Sri Lanka. Weird how that works out. Sri Lanka have always punched above their weight in that regard, and India always punched below theirs.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha suddenly population matters but not SL's per capita GDP being double that of India's. BS artist of high caliber. Top sportsmen across most countries tend to be at similar levels when the sport is taken seriously in their country.

sunilz

International Regular
People who use population logic would be the first one to accuse BCCI of bullying when BCCI uses same logic to demand higher share of revenue from ICC

And most of the India's cricketers are from 2 to 3 regions. Give Delhi or Mumbai Ranji team sufficient international exposure they would regularly start beating sides like SL, Bangladesh

Last edited:

Daemon

People who use population logic would be the first one to accuse BCCI of bullying when BCCI uses same logic to demand higher share of revenue from ICC

And most of the India's cricketers are from 2 to 3 regions. Give Delhi or Mumbai Ranji team sufficient international exposure they would regularly start beating sides like SL, Bangladesh
Not true anymore. Cricketers are coming from all over India these days.

sunilz

International Regular
Still I feel if BCCI uses its resources efficiently in regions like Delhi, Mumbai or Karnataka we can get a competent team. States like Odisha, Madhya pradesh, kerala, Rajasthan, chattisgarh, Himachal pradesh get too much money from BCCI without any result to show. State Boards revenue from BCCI should be according to the number of international cricketers they produce. Democracy doesn't work every where.

cnerd123

likes this
If India used it's resources properly, then India, India A and India B would be the three strongest teams in the world.

Having said that, it's a minor miracle that a county of a billion odd people with hundreds of dialects, ethnicities, cultures, and centuries of politics and history still somehow manages to function all as one, so can't expect too much from the cricket infrastructure.

Lol at Randycricfreak being so excited about beating an India C team in a meaningless T20 tho. I guess you take what you can get as a SL cricket fan nowdays.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
If India used it's resources properly, then India, India A and India B would be the three strongest teams in the world.

Having said that, it's a minor miracle that a county of a billion odd people with hundreds of dialects, ethnicities, cultures, and centuries of politics and history still somehow manages to function all as one, so can't expect too much from the cricket infrastructure.

Lol at Randycricfreak being so excited about beating an India C team in a meaningless T20 tho. I guess you take what you can get as a SL cricket fan nowdays.
Yea it is quite amazing what India has been able to achieve with so much going on in that melting pot. Glad to see the Test side making an attempt at winning overseas after looking fairly disinterested for a while there.

I heard there had been some violence in SL recently with shops etc being set on fire. I wonder if Randy will come back to say SL only lost the final to India " C" because the country was under duress.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Yea it is quite amazing what India has been able to achieve with so much going on in that melting pot. Glad to see the Test side making an attempt at winning overseas after looking fairly disinterested for a while there.

I heard there had been some violence in SL recently with shops etc being set on fire. I wonder if Randy will come back to say SL only lost the final to India " C" because the country was under duress.
maybe best not to make fun of people dying? stick to cricket..

Daemon

One of the deaths was apparently a guy getting ready to throw a hand grenade when it exploded on him, so hopefully the other Buddhists take note that karma's a bitch and stop the madness.

Himannv

International Coach
Wow. Banter is one thing, but I'm astonished that people go to this level.