• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Nidahas Tri-Series T20I Trophy 2018

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be nice to have Kathik over Dhoni in the ODI team but Dhoni is a better keeper plus I don't think he's willing to go before the next WC.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Who should Kartik replace in our ODI set up?
Dhoni of course. This would be my starting XI:

Rohit Sharma
Shikhar Dhawan
Virat Kohli
KL Rahul
Dinesh Karthik
Suresh Raina
Hardik Pandya
Bhuvaneshvar Kumar
Kuldeep Yadav
Jasprit Bumrah
Yuzvendra Chahal

This will solve the lower order power hitting problem to a large extent. To accommodate Rahul, I would even flirt with the idea of playing Rohit at 4

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni needs to gtfo the T20 lineup.

I'd play the following in ODIs assuming Dhoni has to be picked

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Dhoni
Kartik
Raina
Pandya

Great top order, ok middle order and decent finishing.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Rahul needs to get more chances at this stage, doesn't he.
Yep, I also think it's incorrect saying he is only good as an opener, it's more that his period of poor form has coincided with him batting in the middle order.

_Ed_

This game sounds fantastic. Hopefully some decent highlights will go up on Youtube today.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
didnt see the game but sounds like a fantastic finish.. congrats to India on winning and hard luck Bangladesh but at least you guys made it to the final. Itsjust a matter of time and experience for Bangladesh to win the finals they get into..onwards and upwards..

SillyCowCorner1

Sri Lanka won it.

I would love to hear *****'s thoughts on this.

Premadasa was chanting Rohit's name like every indian fan to Sachin's.

Great stuff

vcs

Seriously though, Bangladesh's behaviour may be cringeworthy at times but I do like that they are getting up people's noses these days. Better than being an inoffensive minnow.

anaksr

U19 Debutant
A bit late but finally DK has arrived. I heard that he made his debut around 2004. Much before Dhoni.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Just saw some of the highlights of DK. Pretty impressive stuff to do that from ball 1 in a final with that much pressure on him. Up there with that over by CARLOS BRATWAITHE.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Just saw some of the highlights of DK. Pretty impressive stuff to do that from ball 1 in a final with that much pressure on him. Up there with that over by CARLOS BRATWAITHE.
Yeah, the pressure that DK had to carry through in that final over was incredible. All sorts of pressure would have been on his mind. An India career lost for 10 years and to get his career resurrected, a full crowd of SL fans rooting for him, and millions of people in India. Whoo. Sachin's pressure might be Bradman-like but this pressure is Gary Sobers level.