• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

BeeGee

International Captain
Sun Feb 25 (50 ovs) 14:00 local
1st ODI - New Zealand v England
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Wed Feb 28 (50 ovs) 14:00 local
2nd ODI - New Zealand v England
Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui

Sat Mar 3 (50 ovs) 14:00 local
3rd ODI - New Zealand v England
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Wed Mar 7 (50 ovs) 11:00 local
4th ODI - New Zealand v England
University Oval, Dunedin

Sat Mar 10 (50 ovs) 11:00 local
5th ODI - New Zealand v England
Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Thu Mar 22 - Mon Mar 26 14:00 local
1st Test - New Zealand v England
Eden Park, Auckland

Fri Mar 30 - Tue Apr 3 11:00 local
2nd Test - New Zealand v England
Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Blain

U19 Captain
Ferguson Released to the Aces, so will be 2 spinners for NZ. Must be on the slow pitch.

Hoping for Sodhi over Astle. Just can't see the point in picking Todd. Shouldn't matter who the better number 9 batsman is FFS..

NZ selectors doing everyones heads in with the keeping selections, Latham has been diabolical in limited overs cricket all summer at home..

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I may be a touch biased as he played for the Strikers, but I would take Sodhi over Astle anyday. A better bowler from all I have seen, and significantly younger too. Surprises me he isn't a more regular part of the Kiwi ODI setup

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I've always speculated that Hesson finds Sodhi to be a bit wet and emotionally labile for his Moneyballing, thrifty South Island tastes.

It's sort of notable how Larsen was calling Sodhi unfit for 100 overs in the Indian heat at the start of the season in radio interviews, and calling him out for how his batting "has fallen away". They're always pretty harsh to the point of being borderline impolite when describing Sodhi's status, in a way that they don't seem to be with the status of their other failed pet projects, like Rutherford, Broom or Kitchen.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
BLACKCAPS XI: Guptill, Munro, Williamson (c), Taylor, Latham, Nicholls, De Grandhomme, Santner, Southee, Sodhi, Boult

robbypark

U19 Debutant
NZ to win the ODIs 3-2, Test series will probably be 1-1.
I say 4-1 England. They have the best ODI lineup in the world and it's not close, especially with Stokes coming back. I can see NZ possibly winning the series if Kane has a big series but I have little confidence in that.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sky used an average pace graphic which had most England seamers in the low 80s. Obviously includes slower deliveries which kind of defeats the point.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Thank goodness we've gone with Sodhi ... which really surprises me. I thought Astle's decent performances against Pakistan and West Indies would have seen him in there for the next few years.

Predicting a 3-2 series win to England in this, they are the ODI yardstick atm.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased for Sodhi, disappointed for Tastle; I like both of them.

Otherwise, our ODI side looks a lot more settled than our T20 side - it's interesting how many players we have that seem suited for one of those but not the other, when you'd think they're closely related formats. Nicholls, Latham, Taylor, Williamson, Boult all decidedly better at ODIs than T20s.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Pleased for Sodhi, disappointed for Tastle; I like both of them.

Otherwise, our ODI side looks a lot more settled than our T20 side - it's interesting how many players we have that seem suited for one of those but not the other, when you'd think they're closely related formats. Nicholls, Latham, Taylor, Williamson, Boult all decidedly better at ODIs than T20s.
It's not surprising. Nicholls and Latham have no power and mostly tap around and Taylor also can't accelerate like he once did.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Root has really dealt with spin perfectly this innings.

New Zealand need some wickets. If england have at least six wickets in hand at the 30 over mark, they are gonna smash the ball for ridiculous numbers - it's just what they do.